1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Any news on the Outlaw 950: Should be shipping anyday now

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Serge Breton, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Serge Breton

Serge Breton Supporting Actor

I personally am without a prepro since early last week and am eagerly waiting for the 950's official release. Patience is a virtue but .....Hope it's soon!

2. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Serge: I too am just gonna wait for the Outlaw 950. I think it is gonna be worth the wait. In the meantime though, I didn't want to be without music over the holidays, so I bought a cheap 5.1 pre/pro to keep me warm while I wait. If I didn't find the unit I found, I'd be using my daughters boom box to play Christmas Carols till.... [​IMG]

3. Razvan V

Razvan V Stunt Coordinator

It should be shipping any day now??? You're dreaming. I think that Outlaw will start shipping it in January/February if we're lucky.

Razvan

4. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I agree with Razvan. I believe the reservation list confirmation e-mail said we would be notified 10 days before ship time to ensure we were still interested in the product and where they could take our credit card information. Well, here we are 5 days prior to Christmas and I still haven't gotten the "10 day" notice, so I don't expect them to actually ship the unit until early or mid January at the earliest. I'm disappointed, as is my Amp...sitting quietly on my rack watching my soon to be obsolete receiver do all the work.

5. Razvan V

The Outlaws will probably be back to work on January 2. 2-3 weeks for them to solve the software problems + the time spent in Vegas from January 8 to whenever + the 10 days notice - we're now in February. So, if everything goes well, they'll start shipping it in February. Depending on where you are on the waiting list you might end up getting it in March or, God forbid, in April/May.

Razvan

6. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Razvan: I'm gonna place a guess that the first units delivered get to their owners by New Years Eve. If you didn't get in the first 250 who preordered maybe your unit won't arrive till March or April... just kidding![​IMG]

7. Razvan V

John,

How could they deliver it by January 1st when they'll take a week vacation on December 24? I got on the waiting list at 7:04 pm so I'll probably get my unit in mid July.

Razvan

8. John Morris

John Morris Guest

9. Razvan V

You wanna bet that the distribution company will have that week off too? There's no way they can deliver it by January 1st.

Razvan

10. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Razvan: I'm betting that your actual shipping date is dropping by the minute... [​IMG]

11. Serge Breton

Serge Breton Supporting Actor

well, i'll say this right now!
    The Outlaw people can have their week off so long as everything is in order with the 950. If the 950 is not shipping by then, then it's 24/7 during the holidays [​IMG]
    There is still a glimmer of hope i believe and i'm guesstimating by mid January at the latest, some people will have their processors.[​IMG]

12. Razvan V

John, at least you have the B&K Ref 30 to play with, I have nothing. I'm very curious how the 950 will sound like compared to the B&K.

Razvan

13. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Razvan: Unfortunately, the used and borrowed Ref 30 has got to leave my rack very soon or I will have to buy it. Fortunately, I just bought a new SN 5.1 AVP-9080r which is going to be deliverd tomorrow. If the Outlaw doesn't arrive soon, at least I don't have to listen to complaints from my wife and visiting friends and relatives over the holidays.

Anyway, my most immediate decision is to decide if I want to keep my old Stax Gamma Headphones or my new Sennheiser HD600 phones... think I'm gonna go do that now.

14. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

I wonder if their previously-stated 10 days advance notice before shipping will apply to the first set of people who will get the unit. If there's a glimmer of hope, maybe the first batch will be an exception to the 10 day rule.
    As for Xmas vacation at the Outlaw ranch, I'm sure there's more for them to do as of now than just distribute the product. Not to mention all the outstanding issues they noted. Of course, I believe some of the hurdles will be the responsibility of their suppliers, but there must be Outlaw tasks that are necessary prior to distribution, so depending on the status of the unit come Xmas week, it's hard to say whether or not their vacation time will impact the schedule. Of course, their suppliers are not allowed to take vacation [​IMG] .
    This is a good segue to discuss status. Given that they have us hanging off the edge of our seats with the hope that they would be able to ship some units by Xmas (if you believed that), I think it would be a good idea for them to provide updated status no later than Dec 24. As a matter of fact, I would be perturbed if they didn't. Even if the news isn't the best case scenario, hearing a timely update from them will result in a greater probability that I'll stay in the ballgame.
    Doug