What's new

Any news on the next Pixar flick? (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Finding Nemo next year, I think - two fish seperated by the Great Barrier Reef.

Then, in '04 - The Fantastics, Brad Bird's follow-up to The Iron Giant, about a dysfunctional family of superheroes.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Is anyone else tremendously disappointed with the trailer for Finding Nemo? I really enjoyed Monsters Inc. and the Toy Story movies, but the trailer for Finding Nemo is just...not funny or interesting in any conceivable way.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
On first viewing it really impressed me, but it may have been the animation and background, which is amazing. I also liked the opening a lot, the dialogue and style seemed kinda quirky and unusual for Disney, also a little surreal, if a little obvious.
But after that bit is over, I think I have to agree with you, the gags seems kinda bland and old.
Still, I look forward to the next trailer if nothing else :D
And the DVD will look amazing of course ;)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
NO SEQUELS... Pixar wants to get out of their contract ASAP with Disney (IIRC, it is 5 feature films which now include Toy Story, A Bug's Life, and Monsters Inc). You see, sequels DO NOT COUNT towards this 5 feature film goal (remember: Toy Story 2 was supposed to be a direct-to-video production, only to be changed into a theatrical release before its release)... so only after FINDING NEMO and THE INCREDIBLES will we see any more Pixar sequels.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
NO SEQUELS... Pixar wants to get out of their contract ASAP with Disney

that's weird.. i mean i understand they want out of the contract, but a sequel would make real money like a kid's laugh makes energy in the movie. i'll never understand steve jobs..

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
that's weird.. i mean i understand they want out of the contract, but a sequel would make real money like a kid's laugh makes energy in the movie. i'll never understand steve jobs..
Pixar already makes real money on their movies. The faster they get out of the deal, the more they make, because they don't have to share with with Disney. Jobs especially wants to do this since Disney is playing hardball with them. (The fact that sequels don't count toward the deal.)

I don't blame them. Their deal with Disney is worth less to them every great movie they release. Why not get out of the deal as soon as possible, and not give away the freebees? Sure, it would be big money for all, but perhaps not good for Pixar in the long run.

Jason

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
well i guess if disney is making the bulk of the money yet not providing anything more than marketing i understand why.. does disney retain any ownership of the toy story or monsters inc characters?

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Edit***

Link from below says Pixar signed away their rights to any of the stories/characters in the for-Disney films Pixar has made.

So that means no Toy Story III, probably ever. Considering the crap Disney churns out and calls "entetainment", I can't conceive of any possible way they could make a good TSIII.

The older I get, the *more* I hate Disney. They're just such ... @$$h0l3$!. (sigh)

I can't wait for non-Disney Pixar films. See yas Mouse.

/rude Disney

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
I seem to recall rewading somewhere that Disney wanted pixar to make "Toy Story 3", but Pixar did not want to do it unless it got counted towards their 5-picture deal, which would make it their last film for Disney.

"Finding Nemo" looks gorgeous, though. And from one of the script reviews at AICN, it seems like the movie will be quite witty and funny as well. I can't wait to see it.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I'm another animation fan who is looking forward to the next Pixar flick and those to follow.
To support their stories, each movie that Pixar produces breaks through barriers that were common to computer generated imagery. Among many other hurdles, A Bug's Life tackled photorealism, Toy Story 2 tackled believable human characters, Monsters, Inc. tackled realistic fur, and it looks as though Finding Nemo will be tackling water.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks