any news on the 30'' Toshiba?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by david*mt, Jun 21, 2003.

1. david*mt

david*mt Second Unit

Does anyone know when the new 30'' Toshiba is coming out and how much it will cost? Will it have a DVI? I'm looking for a 30'' widescreen and haven't been too impressed with the Samsung so the Toshiba sounds interesting.

2. dan fritzen

dan fritzen Second Unit

David, I have not heard about the Toshiba but Sony has a press release saying they will have a 30" by September.

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

It's due in July and yes, it has DVI (all 2003 Toshiba HD sets are so equipped)

4. Matt Lee

Matt Lee Agent

Except for the new 32" model, the 32HFX72. Its even part of the cinema series, but as far as their website shows, no DVI. Which disappoints me a bit since its the perfect TV for my needs. If I'm wrong about this, please correct me, as it would make it the ideal TV for me if it had DVI. As it stands I have to consider whether or not DVI is important enough for me to go with a different brand 32" HDTV, as the Toshiba is clearly my fav.

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Except that's not a 2003 model! The last digit of the part number represents the model year.

Unfortunately, there is no replacement for this model for the 2003 model year. Only a 36" and the 30" and 34" widescreen models.