What's new

Any news on Tales From The Crypt? (YES!) (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Wow! July 12th, that's practically here! I'm so all over this! :emoji_thumbsup:

Also, are you guy's sure your reading that intro skip thing correctly? When I read it, I assued it meant that if you engage the Kill Intro feature, it will skip them, but if you don't, it won't and you'll be able to see them?

One last thing, what are the names of the first six episodes? I remember the episodes very well, just not the names.

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Gord, thats quality. Thanks alot, man!

Warner is doing the business with these, can't complain at all.

John, the first six episodes are

#1 The Man Who Was Death
#2 And All Through the House
#3 Dig That Cat...He's Real Gone
#4 Only Sin Deep
#5 Lover, Come Hack to Me
#6 Collection Completed

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I just recieved the set and put it on straight away to find out what was going on with the intro.After the usual FBI warning and Warner logos,the Tales from the Crypt main title plays and at the bottom of the screen it says kill intro.If you select this,it just launches into the episodes.the main titles are NOT on the episodes.Even if you don't press the kill intro button and let it go onto the main menu,it still doesn't play the main title.Although it's not the end of the world,i'm still mighty annoyed.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
It just seems such an unnecessary alteration, doesn't it? Why not leave the episodes alone, perhaps put a chapter stop after the opening titles and be done with it?

Chris

Kenneth Bova

Agent
Maybe it's my bad memory, or just that I was too jumpy to remember week to week when I was younger, but didn't the Crypt Keeper pop out of a different spot each episode for the first season or two?

I remember my friend and I getting annoyed when he always started popping up in the same coffin each week after a while.

This was one of the things I was looking forward to finally seeing again on the DVD release, and it's quite unfortunate if they didn't include them.

Kenneth Bova

Agent

Then it's worse than I suspected. I seriously remember him popping out of different spots and having guessing contests with my friend as to where he'd pop out of this time. I must have had my memory erased every week back then or something. Or it could have been the Metroid marathons... :crazy:

TroyMM

Grip
I looked for it at Wal-Mart and Future Shop yesterday but they didn't have it in my area. I was going to pre-order this, but then I heard that episode 2 "And All Through the House" was 5 minutes shorter than the other episodes, so I was kind of waiting for some feedback on whether this episode is cut (or syndicated) or not.

Troy

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

First off, I will say that I do not have a copy of the original airing of the episode and the shorter run time is definitely curious. That being said, I think that the episode is complete.

It's not a syndicated episode because all the violence and language is intact. I can't see a shortened version of the episode WITH the violence and profanity even existing. HBO wouldn't have shown a shortened version and syndication wouldn't have shown the violence so what would have been the point of a shortened episode with violence?

The episode is also the same version that was on the TFTC: Robert Zemekis Collection. I think that if the episode had been cut on that release, someone would have noticed by now.

I'm 99.9% sure that the episode is complete and just happened to run shorter than the others.

TroyMM

Grip
Thank you Travis for clearing up the shorten episode issue. I feared that it was cut, but with your assurances, my fears have been laid to rest.

I will have to visit Best Buy tonight and see if I can snag myself a copy.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I picked this up yesterday, and overall, I think it's a good set. The extras are slim, but I've watched a little of the documentary about the history of the comics, and it's very interesting.

The episodes look about as good as can be expected. I imagine that being from the late '80s, they were most likely finished on video (although I can't be sure). And as far as I can tell, they're all uncut. The only time restriction on them was that they had to be 30 minutes or less, so a variable running time is to be expected. Didn't have to worry about fitting commercials in there. :)

I have to admit though, I really am disappointed about the whole titles thing. I know it doesn't really seem like a huge deal, since they are on the disc, but like others, to me it's part of the episode. And with the titles that are there being 16:9, they are cropped on the top and bottom.

I agree that the title sequence should be at the start of each episode, with a chapter stop for those who want to skip it. Once again, it's something so simple that would please everyone. I really can't see it being a space issue.

I may e-mail Warner's customer service about that. If a few people do that (and are polite about it), they might fix it for future seasons. Unlike some other studios, Warner seems to actually listen to their customers sometimes, so it might work.

P.S. Here's Warner's customer service e-mail: whvcustserv@ emsi.echomail.com. I couldn't find it on Warner's website, but The Digital Bits had it.

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
I managed to pick the DVD up yesterday. I wouldn't mind the intro missing if it wasn't for the fact that the "Kill Intro" button gets in the way. I especially enjoyed the documentary on disc 2. I didn't pick it up when it originally came out, so it was the first time I saw it.

Also, for the short episode, it is indeed uncut. I have the original episode somewhere around, and it lasts around 23:30...considering the fact that it has the intro and the "Home Box Office Presents" screen in the beginning. So no need to worry about that one. :)

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
I watched the 6 episodes rather quickly. I thought they were hour long but clearly I was mistaken. As for the titles, I am annoyed the cut them off. I view the opening sequence as part of the episode. I wonder if they did it for time reasons on the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks