What's new

Any news on Tales From The Crypt? (YES!) (1 Viewer)

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Well, I'm sure I'll be getting this, but I'm also not quite sure I like that the titles play only in the intro. I'd much rather have them at the front of each episode, and then have the option of skipping them I if I want.

That is a very strange decision; I really hope it's not carried over into future releases.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I think you're overreacting a bit here. I mean, it's the titles, not censorship. The content, as far as we can tell, is uncut, anamorphic (and hopefully OAR), and at least the titles exist somewhere on the disc. The extras are slim but good, it looks decently priced, and it's a quality show. For me, "play all" on TV DVDs would be better without the titles showing up in front of every episode, since eventually the theme song loses it's charm with such quick repetition. Unless it's a content change that alters the thrust of the show, please don't boycott for minor faults.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Well, the first 3 stories were originally shown as a 90-min movie on HBO, so I'm wondering how that will be handled here. (The review doesn't mention if the end credits are shown complete.) I've already pre-ordered the set.

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator

Believe me, no chance of that happening! I have waited along time for the DVDs to come out, I will be buying this and every other set they release.

I suppose the titles do get the charm taken out after abit. Any true fan has seen them enough anyway lol.

Dont worry Andy, still worth a purchase without a doubt.

Can't come soon enough through the post.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The opening titles are the signature of a show. There's a reason when someone hums the Gilligan's Island theme song you can recognize it if you're a fan of that series. I remember this show having a great theme, and it's disappointing it's not included. It's a shame because it truly is "part of the episode" as far as I am concerned.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
The titles are there, just not in front of the episodes. This is what it says in the DVDTalk review (emphasis mine): Believe me, I would be upset if they weren't included at all, but after listening and seeing the "Batman," "Quantum Leap," "Space Ghost," and "Harvey Birdman" titles over and over again, I was aching to hit "Next Chapter," even though I love the songs. Unfortunately, in a lot of titles, the next chapter isn't right after the titles. It's easier for me (since I use an HTPC), but still inconvenient.

In the end, the titles exist, and barring any further problems, this one's on my list. My opinion is that you're missing out by skiiping it because titles aren't in the episode (yet are available elsewhere on the disc).

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone gets it, give us a bell and let us know how it is.

What do you reckon about the other seasons being released? Will it be long or on the justification of the first seasons sales?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Awesome! Definitely liking this pricing scheme better than actual HBO-sourced series.

BTW, Gord, I think your RSS feed is messed up, because the last thing I see listed is the "Spongebob" announcement.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Awesome news for Season Two! How many seasons in total were there? I only saw the syndicated versions.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I believe there were six seasons. It ended its run in early 1995.

I am definately getting 1 and 2 and hopefully the others if they come out. I loved this show on HBO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks