Any news on Strangers with Candy or UCB?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Sean Aaron, May 7, 2004.

1. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    We only have one series to go of the former and two of the latter. Are they in the planning stages for late this year; early next year? I'd have to think that SwC is done or going to be done as it's only a three season show, and I have to hope that more UCB is forthcoming, although I guess I could live if not.

2. Matt Giggey

Matt Giggey Stunt Coordinator

A few months ago on the UCB message board Matt Besser said that Comedy Central was currently deciding whether they would release season two. So that doesn't sound good.

On some random SWC fansite they had Fall 2004 as a "tentative release date" for season three, but they didn't list any sources or anything so it's probably just a guess. But with the movie, and the fact that they've already done season two, I'd say three is pretty likely and Fall is probably a good guess.

I wouldn't bet on any more UCB though. [​IMG]

3. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Anybody know how well UCB sold? I remember seeing it in the top twenty of DeepDiscountDVD.com around release but I think studios tend to look at B&M sales more closely. If Season One of UCB is all me get I'll be very sad. No Super Cool on DVD!?

4. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

I would be amazed if UCB made it. The show was horrible most of the time and briefly insanely funny.

We bought Season 1 simply for The Little Donny Foundation, the rest was barely watchable.

SWC however was genius and we can't wait for Season 3 to show up.

5. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Agreed. The only UCB skit I liked is when they were fighting on who's turn it was to take a crap on some guy. That was hilarious [​IMG]

SWC is great! I love it; here's hoping for a movie!

6. Matt Giggey

7. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I can't remember when season 1 came out, but I think season 2 was just 6 months or so away, so hopefully SWC season 3 will be out soon.

8. Matt Giggey

On a mildly brighter note for UCB fans, Comedy Central is airing a few episodes from seasons two and three this month. Maybe there is a little hope after all. At the very least, you can tape and enjoy more (possibly fleeting) UCB brilliance.

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_show..._results.jhtml

5/13/2004 200 PM All Times ET/PT
    The Upright Citizens Brigade fights the onslaught of throwing star culture. (ep#203) [cc]

5/13/2004 230 PM All Times ET/PT
    The Upright Citizens Brigade gathers human oddities, including a businessman with a baby head hand. (ep#204) [cc]

5/26/2004 230 PM All Times ET/PT
    The Upright Citizens Brigade creates a documentary that finally reveals ""What is Super Cool?" (ep#210) [cc]

5/28/2004 200 PM All Times ET/PT
    The Upright Citizens Brigade explores the seamy underworld of organized crime. (ep#301) [cc]

5/28/2004 230 PM All Times ET/PT
    The Upright Citizens Brigade tries on the kinky world of costume erotica. (ep#302) [cc]

9. Daniel`D

Daniel`D Stunt Coordinator

Well I hate to say I havn't had the money to buy any of these DVDs yet, but I plan to get all 3 seasons of SWC and the first season of UCB (I loved The Little Donny Foundation too.)

10. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

I proudly bought the first season of UCB and I've been saving my ass pennies to buy the other seasons so I would be really upset if CC didn't release them. Someone needs to look into the bucket of truth to find out if and when the'll be released.

11. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron

Agreed. My wife couldn't figure out why I bought it because she thought the show was dumb (agreed there's some clunkers in the first episode), but who was laughing with me eh? Eh?!?

12. Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers Second Unit

13. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Awesome! Thanks!

14. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

God bless Sarah and Matthew and their showbiz juice!

15. Michael St. Clair

All the star power in Dr. Katz, but no DVD. Friggin' kills me.

(no, nothing against UCB or SWC...in fact, I have the first UCB set)

16. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Yeah, Dr Katz should be a no brainer. I wonder if having all these comedians doing their acts as part of the show has music licensing style repurcussions for a DVD release?

17. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    Any more news on Upright Citizens Brigade? I can't believe stuff like SWC gets up to third before quality titles like UCB.

18. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    anyone interested in UCB episodes, PM me. over at the UCB message board, i made a few copies of the dvd i made for some people. the dvd is made up of the vhs copies that were floating around on ftp sites, but are hard to find now. the dvd contains all 30 episodes, and a small photo gallery i made. i'm doing this to help out fellow UCB fans, not to financially gain in any way. here's the deal. you send me a blank dvd with a pre-paid envelope inside, and i send the UCB dvd back to you. if anyone is familiar with B+P (blanks and postage), this is exactly what this is. even though the second and third seasons are not on dvd, even if you get a copy of this dvd from me, i strongly urge you to buy the first season from comedy central. the quality is great, and the commentaries are just as funny as the show. if anyone has any questions about my dvd, just PM me. i hope i can help a few UCB fans out, just to tide us over until the real dvds come out.

CJ