1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Any news on Snow Dogs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Garrison, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

I'm still waiting for the widescreen edition!!! WTF is taking so long? Uh, let's all keep calling Disney. Call them everyday. NAG THEM. We WANT SNOW DOGS in WIDESCREEN, DAMNIT!!! It's a movie I've been waiting to see. But damnit, I can't because of Pan and Scan. IDIOTS! (Disney, not you guys) I'm losing my patience. Disney ain't getting my money until I see a widescreen version of Snow Dogs on the shelves of Wal Mart, Target, and so-on. Better yet, just go to a theater, swipe their Snow Dogs reel, telecine it and the DTS track to your computer, and burn it on DVDs or release them on Kazaa. I'm just kidding, BTW. But I'm sure someone's getting to the point of doing that. For now, Disney can just KMA until I get a widescreen copy of Snow Dogs in my hands. Right now, I am PISSED OFF!! I think Disney's number is
    1-800-74-Disney. If in doubt, look it up on their website. Just call them, ask them if Snow Dogs will be released in Widescreen YET. Keep calling them with that question and have them lodge your complaint over to the department. The people on their are usually nice. Be firm. Tell them you prefer widescreen and how you hate missing a quarter to half of the picture. Please try to keep Disney on their toes, and MAYBE, just MAYBE, we'll see Snow Dogs DVDs on the shelves, "Snow Dogs" "Widescreen Edition" (in big gold letters).

2. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

Snow Dogs isn't the ONLY movie I feel this way about. There's also Muppet Treasure Island and Blackbeards Ghost.
    I'm sure there are others too [​IMG]
    SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF AT DISNEY
    Chris.

3. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

While I don't eye Snow Dogs as a film that I want to see, it's the principle that bothers me. (Though the two Muppet titles by Disney have me steamed!) If they release a widescreen version of Snow Dogs(which they probably won't) I'll buy it anyway, just to show my gratitude. I probably won't even watch it. I'll give it as a gift to one of my young cousins. In fact, if they release widescreen versions of movies such as Max Keeble, Snow Dogs, Journey of Natty Gann, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppet Christmas Carol, I'll buy like ten copies of each one just to show them how profitable widescreen will be. And I can give the ones I don't want (read: "all but one copy of each of the two Muppet titles") to any young person I know.

If they do release these in widescreen, I encourage you all to do the same.

4. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

5. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart

6. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

Blackbeard's Ghost is NOT pan-and-scan. It's open-matte; it was produced at 1.33:1, and intended to be exhibited at any ratio from 1.33:1 - 1.85:1.

7. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Has Snow Dogs or Max Keeble's Big Move been released overseas in widescreen? Yesasia.com shows Max Keeble in Region 3 (most of Asia) being widescreen, but their info on other discs is inaccurate so I'm not sure (I'll buy it if anyone can prove that it is.) Of course Mala Vista's response would probably be to shut down any business that sells these discs to anyone in the US. [​IMG]

8. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

9. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

10. Marty Christion

Marty Christion Stunt Coordinator

11. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

I don't think Snow Dogs is Open Matte. I saw the first 5 free minutes of it on Pay Per View. Everything looks to tight to be Open Matte. Therefore, Snow Dogs was Pan and Scanned from a 1.85:1 frame.

12. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Just a gentle reminder to those of you who haven't let Disney know how you feel about this. What do you have to loose? Your favorite future title being released in P/S only if you don't call!!!

dave

(see sig for info)

13. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

An interesting TidBit.

I was at my local Best Buy and they had a demo running over the DVD section and they were showing Snow Dogs and it had black bars. I have no idea whether it was OAR or not, but I remember being quite shocked and told my buddy that they were showing a version of a movie that wasn't even for sale.

By the way it was on a 4x3 TV before somebody asks.

14. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

The trailers for the Snow Dogs DVDs are all in letterbox format. Go figure!

I think the Disney monkey's have keys in front of them saying widescreen, "Full Screen", DTS, DD and they just randomly push the buttons, then that gets developed.

It's the ONLY thing that makes sense to me.

Chris.

15. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

The deleted scenes are also in widescreen.

16. James Buzek

James Buzek Auditioning

I just got this reply from DisneyInfo_Mailbox/amt/amt@altaresources.com via email about 5 minutes ago:

James,

Thank you for your email.

There are no plans at this time for another release of SNOW DOGS.

Short and simple. I doubt we will see Snow Dogs in widescreen. Its a real shame too. I heard the movie was very good. Oh well.

17. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

Well, if you really want to see it, just RENT the full-screen release...you won't have to be responsible for another sale of a full-screen DVD, and you won't have to keep it.

18. Jonathan Kaye

Jonathan Kaye Second Unit

Not a film I'm interested in, and apologies if this has been covered in another thread, but my local WH Smiths near work had a copy of the recent Region 2 release of Snow Dogs. Having seen mention of this film here on the Forum, I thought I'd check out the features on the back of the box.
    Guess what? 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen.[​IMG]

19. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter