What's new

Any News On SE's For These (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I want to get the following movies but knowing my luck as soon as I do I'll hear about a SE.

Braveheart
Gladiator

Also I know Pearl Harbor isn't liked very much but which is the better version movie wise?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Gladiator is coming with an SE I heard, Braveheart I have heard/see nothing on.

I can't imagine buying the Gladitor SE though. The existing 2 disc DTS Discrete 6.1 disc is outstanding. I don't see any place for improvement.

The Directors vista series cut if you can find it is better but not earthsattering so. Meaning it doesn't transform the movie or anything. It's just more violent. It is a nice looking 4 disc set.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah I had that Gladiator 2 disc version but the case broke the spindle part of the disc :frowning: I haven't seen the 2 disc around but I have seen the single disc and since I'm not a big extras guy I might get that.

I guess its pretty safe to get Braveheart then. As for PH I'll have to look around for either the 2 disc or the 4 disc version.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I thought I remembered hearing a rumor that an upcoming S.E. of Braveheart was due.

I'd personally rather neither be revisited as both are excellent discs, great a/v, significant extras, etc. I really dont see the need to upgrade but I probably would considering what great movies they are.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Oh its WS (a buddy of mine has it) I dunno about the DTS track but since I don't have a DTS system its kind of a non-issue for me.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The Gladiator single disc is anamorphic widescreen with DD 5.1 EX sound. The DTS 6.1 ES track was dropped to make room for some of the extras from the two disc SE.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I assume the 2 disc Gladiator SE is out of print, which is why people are asking for it? The existing 2 disc version was an excellent disc with nearly reference level A/V.

As for Braveheart, it, too, had a good transfer, an excellent documentary and a good commentary. I honestly dont know what else they could put on there other than a bunch of crap interactive games and more EPK stuff which I honestly dont have any interest in.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
I heard there was a deleted scene where William Wallace talks to Jesus in Aramaic and Jesus encourages him to spread his war...wait, wrong movie.

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, they put it out of print within the past year or so, replaced by a one-disc (with only commentary tracks, I think), because they're releasing a new SE with the "director's cut" on it [it's an extended cut, really, with a marketing term attached] this year. If memory serves, it's coming out when 'Kingdom of Heaven' is released theatrically, but I may be wrong.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
What about Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells? Is there only the one version? I mean there are three versions of Snatch.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek

This type of case has been blamed for several instances of cracked spindles..... and I have used these types of cases to replace two-disc digipacks for several years. None of the discs show this type of damage (incl Gladiator) in my case, so a blanket evaluation is not entirely correct.... Just remember that anytime you have to 'snap' a disc onto a hub, you may have problems down the road...

Okay, back to the topic at hand....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks