What's new

Any news on Sarah Mclachlan Surfacing or Fumbling DVDA? (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Paul,
Go to acousticsounds.com for the Sarah Vinyl. I bought Surfacing 200g ($30 US est)and it is incredible. I did a comparison with the cd and the vinyl wins hands down. Next on my buy list is Fumbling.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I really, really hope if they get around to putting Sarah on dvd-audio they use Fumbling Towards Ecstacy. While it is definitely a somber album, it is also a beautifully written and performed one. IMO Surfacing sounds too poppy (i.e. "radio friendly") and I found it boring enough to sell it a couple months after I bought it.

And the delicate/dreamy sound of Fumbling would be great in surround & its emotional feel enhanced a lot by that format. This would be a title I promise I would buy the day of its release.

LJ

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Lance
Check out Afterglow. It has the best elements of Surfacing and Fumbling combined. I love it and wish they would do a Hirez and/or 200g vinyl of it as well.

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator
ActuallY I thought Afterglow was even more formulaic and pop friendly then surfacing and is the least strong of the 3.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'd like to see Fumbling and Surfacing on hybrid SACD as well. Afterglow didn't do a thing for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks