What's new

Any news on Pulp Fiction: SE? (1 Viewer)

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
Rumors earlied this year stated that this is due this fall. But I haven't heared anything about it since.
I'm really looking forward to this release as the non-anamorphic transfer on the current release is a pain in the eyes..
frown.gif

Thanks
Bernhard
------------------
My current DVD Collection
Ni !

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This is another title that we've been waiting for a re-release for so long - I heard late this fall, too - but I think we would have known by now if it were coming.

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
Resevoir Dogs SE has been delayed till next year so my guess would be the same for Pulp Fiction.

G Miller

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe you guys haven't got Jackie Brown yet. Its been out here in Oz for at least 18 months. I thought us Aussies were always the last in line with DVD's. Guess not.
------------------

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
It seems Region 1 is so slow to get certain titles and re-releases that are needed (Scarface, etc.).

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I sold my copy of PF in anticipation of the upcoming S.E. - I guess I should have held on to it for a little longer...
frown.gif

------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if use that line in my next western?"

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Tarantino, Miramax, and whoever else has to get going on these Pulp Fiction SE, Reseivor Dogs SE, and last but not least Jackie Brown SE. I mean come on! These are films that deserve great presentations with tons of extras. At this point I'd actually except a Jackie Brown with Anamorphic OAR and 5.1 bare-bones release.
frown.gif

------------------
Michael's DVD's

Don Myles

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Reservoir Dogs SE has been put back to July 2002.
Wouldn't mind getting nice anamorphic SEs of Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction but I guess my Canadian SE of Pulp Fiction (non-anamorphic) and excellent Japanese R2 version (anamorphic NTSC but very few extras) of Jackie Brown will keep me going until they finally appear.
Don

darrin

Stunt Coordinator
I am surprised to see so many people who want Jackie Brown!
I mean Pulp and Dogs are the closest thing to perfect you
can get, but Jackie Brown? That was HORRIBLE!! It COULD have
been a great film though.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I thought Jackie Brown was great for any number of reasons, perhaps the best of which was Robert Deniro. I read reviews where critics complain that he was wasted (no pun intended) in too inconsequential of a part. I thought his performance as the befuddled semi-verbal ex-con was just brilliant, and the scenes between him and Bridget Fonda were priceless. Anyway I suppose my "that movie was great" post is just as off topic and unnecessary as the preceding "That was horrible" post, so I will stop here.
The Jackie Brown laserdisc was probably the best A/V transfer of a Tarantino film on laser or R1 DVD yet. Of course, that could just mean that it is slightly above average, but it is actually pretty good. I would love a feature packed SE DVD to replace it, though.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks