Any news on Major league??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Fineberg, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Brian Fineberg

Brian Fineberg Second Unit

This is one of my all time favorites and I know the second two are on disc. How about that first and best one??

"we wear caps and sleeves at this level son"

-B

2. Paul P

Paul P Stunt Coordinator

It's on disc with a bad 2.0 4:3 transfer. One of the early dvd's released. Kind of like L.A. story.

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Major League has not been released in the region 1 yet. 2 and 3 were not owned by Paramount and were already released. Martin Blythe of Paramount has mentioned that we might get this movie in 2002. Hopefully, it will be with extras. This is one of my favorite movies.

4. Robert George

Robert George Screenwriter

Major League has not been released on DVD in the US, 4:3 or otherwise.

The film is a Morgan Creek production released theatrically and on previous video editions by Paramount. There is rumored to be a rights problem with this film between Morgan Creek and Paramount holding up a DVD release.

The film has been released on DVD outside the US, however. The Japanese R2 disc is 1.85:1, enhanced for 16:9, 2.0 Dolby Surround, with a little supplemental material. The transfer is fairly good.

5. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Actually, Todd, I believe Mr. Blythe has stated they're shooting for a 2003 date for the original Major League.

6. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

Isn't THE NATRUAL, 8 MEN OUT, & BULL DURHAM and BAD NEWS BEARS coming in a few months enough?