What's new

Any news on LORD JIM? (1 Viewer)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I've just received the French Blu-ray. Very disappointing - dull colour and soft image. At least it's watchable, unlike the DVD which I gave up on after a few minutes. The film looked magnificent when I saw it at the Odeon, Leicester Square in 70mm, on first release.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I've just received the French Blu-ray. Very disappointing - dull colour and soft image. At least it's watchable, unlike the DVD which I gave up on after a few minutes. The film looked magnificent when I saw it at the Odeon, Leicester Square in 70mm, on first release.
Thanks for the warning, I had ordered it and they canceled the order for lack of product via Amazon!! It makes me feel better, but the problem remains for a decent edition...the hunt continues!!!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

I believe the 70mm showings of this film were derived from the 35mm original.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I would be very surprised if there was any problematic decay to speak of - Grover Crisp and his team are very diligent in protecting their assets.
. . . which makes it all the more surprising that they have not weaved their magic on this title. When I look at Blu-ray discs of films like Bite The Bullet and The Chase - two wonderful transfers - I can't help lamenting that Lord Jim remains neglected.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
. . . which makes it all the more surprising that they have not weaved their magic on this title. When I look at Blu-ray discs of films like Bite The Bullet and The Chase - two wonderful transfers - I can't help lamenting that Lord Jim remains neglected.
I would think that they always strive to do a mix of titles and even with everything else being the same you can probably work on three or four titles similar to The Chase or you can work on a title like Lord Jim that is both very long and uses a large format negative.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
There is a Spain-released Blu on Amazon at 154 minutes. Is this road show? Is the Blu well done? All comments appreciated. One of my old favorites.
Still on mt hit list, but I've heard the Spanish release is not official and the French editionis very disappointing as well!! So it appears that we're both on the hunt my Friend!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks