1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any news on Japanese "AKIRA" DVD release?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt_Stevens, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

It's supposed to happen later this year, but I have not been able to find anything on it. I, for one, hope thay they have access to and use the Pioneer transfer. It would be a shame if they didn't, as the Japanese soundtrack will be 5.1. To have an inferior transfer with a superior soundtrack would be one hell of a trade-off. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Basically it's the same disc with a brand new Japanese track and w/o the capsule translations. It's also unknown whether it's subbed or dubtitled
    Jeff kleist

3. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

My knowledge of Japanese (which I learned in college) is almost gone at this point (I can understand some, but only if spoken slowly) so I need subtitles. But even if it is dub-titled, I'd prefer it, as I could hear the original voice actors.
    The director took great care in the direction of the voice actors for AKIRA and it shows.
    Now, my girlfriend is amazing with languages. She used to be conversational in Japanese (before I knew her), but after years of not speaking it, lost it. However, the last few years she has been studying the language again and her progress just blows my mind. Another six months and she'll be fluent. Simply amazing.
    Next she wants to learn Cantonese and Mandarin. At the same time! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman