What's new

Any news on Jack Benny DVD coming this month (1 Viewer)

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
I've looked around a few places and I can't find any current news or specs on the upcoming Jack Benny Show DVD coming out this month. All I can find is that Koch is releasing the 5 volume set I believe on the 24th. They are also releasing The George Burns Gracie Allen show but that also has no specs. I'm not familiar with Koch and their quality, has anyone heard or has any Koch earlier releases?

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
What Steve P. said.

I'm 99% sure that this "Koch" 5-disc release will contain the exact same 10 episodes from the earlier "Passport Video" VHS boxed set.

This Koch release has "Passport" on the spines too. So they are connected.

That "Passport" collection is OK. Several good classic shows included. However, FYI, two of the 10 shows are *not* really eps. of "The Jack Benny Program" at all --- but instead one is an episode of "The Frank Sinatra Show", in which Jack Benny guest stars. And there's a "Jack Benny Remembered" program on there too. A retrospective documentary kind of a dealie there.

What gets me about this new 5-disc set is the remarkable WASTE of usable disc space. They're only putting TWO 25-minute TV shows on each platter. With more-than-likely no extras (save possibly some text screens -- and even that's doubtful here).

They could have fit all ten shows very easily on only one dual-layered disc, instead of ten!

But....for THIS very low price, I guess nobody can complain.

Then again, I could be wrong about the number of episodes. Maybe Passport has dug up a few more for the DVD. You'd never know from checking any on-line sources. No firm detailed info is ever included for "Public D." releases like this.

When/If somebody gets this set, chime in here with a report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks