What's new

Any news on Friday the 13th tv series? (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks for posting it David... I already preordered my copy (through TVShowsonDVD.com of course!)

I so can't wait to get this series. But I personally am not to thrilled with the box art... so I for one am hoping they will change it.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
I will wait for the Complete series set.. not falling for it again like I did with Beauty and the Beast

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I guess it all comes down to how confident you are that all the season sets will make it out... as well as a complete series set. They certainly don't do it with all shows.

I personally am not too confident we will get all the season sets... so I for one will support the season sets... and then if there is a complete series set... I will decide whether or not there is enough reason to double dip on this series.

Ed Payne

Agent
I like it much better than the original, too, but I'm not completely thrilled with it. I would have expected more visual references to the series like the vault as the background instead of some doorway. But, as always, I'm just unbelievably elated to have it finally coming to DVD.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm not very keen on the front cover artwork but have still pre-ordered the Season 1 set as I want to see the second and third seasons get released. The more people who buy this first season the better the chance of Season 2 and 3 coming out on DVD!

Ed Payne

Agent
TVShowsOnDVD has the back package artwork available for your viewing pleasure at this link Friday the 13th: The Series DVD news: Rear Box Art for Friday The 13th: The Series - The 1st Season | TVShowsOnDVD.com. It's getting closer to the release date.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Ed

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator

IMHO they should have used the back cover art for the front art and vice versa. The pic of the 3 main characters on the front would have been more eye-catching than the busy/confusing pic they intend to use for the front.

Oh well, I'm just hoping these are uncut episodes and hope that they don't run into any clearance issues.

I'm counting the days until it is released!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Want me to ask Paramount to add a picture of Kono to the front of the box?

Oh, sorry...this isn't the Hawaii Five-O thread? :D

Ed Payne

Agent
I just got my email from Amazon saying that it has shipped.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
I thought it would never happen and now it is almost in my hands. Come on 9/23/08.

Ed Payne

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I finally got shipment notice from Amazon today. Don't look like I will see it tomorrow... not even with using amazon prime. Even though Amazon does claim expected delivery day to still be tomorrow somehow.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Well... looks like I was wrong. UPS was just here with my copy!

Seeing it in my hand I am still not happy with the cover art. But I can say I am happy with the case itself. They managed to make a single keep Case packaging that holds 6 discs. So it is no bigger then a standard single movie keep case... but yet holds all 6 discs of the season set. I wish they used these from the start! I could just imagine the room it would save on my shelves!

njoberheim

Agent
Real Name
Rich
Congratulations! I'll be picking it up tomorrow at my local Best Buy. If you watch any episodes today, let us know how they look!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
As much as I would love to.... unfortunately I can't watch any today... I placed a bet with some friends that I could go till October 1st without watching any horror... I must win that bet! :P

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not to cause panic but I went to Best Buy around 10:05 this morning and they only had one copy left after I grabbed mine. I know someone that works there and they told me that the store only got 3 copies total.

I'll take a look at an episode or two tonight and report back.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I watched the first two episodes and the video quality looks like what you'd expect from a syndicated show from the 1980's that was edited on tape. It's rough but given the source, I can't imagine this show ever looking better than it does here.

njoberheim

Agent
Real Name
Rich
Pete,
you have a very strong will!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Travis,
Thanks. I guess I expected it to look exactly what you described. I was just hoping I was wrong. I bought 'War of the Worlds' season 1 when that came out. I imagine the quality is similiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks