What's new

Any news on "Firstborn"??? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Decent little mid-80's film IMHO that starred a high school buddy of mine, Chris Collet.
Haven't seen him in a few years in person and have checked the IMDB and it seems he hasn't done too much since '95... (The Langoliers)
Good actor and a good guy.
If anyone knows any info. it would be appreciated. Peter Weller was also Excellent as the Mom's Psycho Boyfriend.
:) D

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Terri Garr was HOT. Collet seems to have dominated two of my favorite 80's films: Firstborn and The Manhattan Project.
Bruce

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I think that it is a pretty darn good movie and depicts what life is like for a family once the adult has gotten into dealing. It reminds me of some parts of my childhood.

When he catches them playing pinball and doing coke I was like "been there seen that."

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to get it OAR, (Let's hope!)
Corey Haim was actually pretty decent in it too.
And WAIT.....!!!! Sarah Jessica Parker, who happens to be HUGE nowadays is in this! HELLO! Whoever owns the rights, you can make some coin! Put her on the box prominently!!

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
I've posted somewhere on HTF about this before, but no one replied. It's good to see some others have seen it :) Tho, it's definitely been on cable enough, as someone else mentioned. It's one I can watch at any point in the film if I catch it on tv. I always get a kick out of the suburban New Jersey locations that aren't too far from where I grew up.
For most of the film, it's quite a wrenching and truthful picture of a "nice", suburban family dealing with the aftermath of divorce. I'm always haunted by the scene where Peter Weller talks to the teary-eyed Collet about his "perfect family" after getting the drugs back.
The "action/thriller" climax, while satisfying in some primal way, is an inappropriate way to resolve the story. Always seemed like a studio-mandated plot device, too Hollywood.
I'd love to see a decent OAR presentation. A trailer and new interviews with the cast would be great. Of course, participation from director Michael Apted whose had quite a varied and distinguished career, would be welcome.
Chris Collet was quite good in this and I always thought we'd see him in more. All these years later, it's funny to see that he dated two of the stars of SEX AND THE CITY in his films. Sarah Jessica in FIRSTBORN and Cynthia Nixon in MANHATTAN PROJECT.
Paramount, please bring FIRSTBORN to DVD. It's a quality catalog title. In addition to the film's merits are the added exploitative elements--Sarah Jessica Parker, Robert Downey Jr., and great 80s fashion and music (two tracks from Talk Talk!)
Jon
"This stuff will make your sneakers taste good."

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see that others remember and are interested in this title!
Any ideas, Y'all???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks