What's new

Any News on Disney Shows Like.... (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Any news on Disney shows being released in season sets like

Herbie, the Love Bug (1982)
Kids Incorporated (1984)
Dumbo's Circus (1985)
New Leave It to Beaver, The (AKA Still the Beaver) (1985)
Raccoons, The (1985)
Return to Treasure Island (mini-series) (1985)
Sidekicks (1986)
Care Bears, The (1987)
Good Morning, Miss Bliss (1987)
New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The (1988)
Goofy's Field Trips (1989)
Disney Presents The 100 Lives of Black Jack Savage (1991)
Torkelsons, The (1991)
Goof Troop (1992)
My Little Pony Tales (1992)
Aladdin (1993)
Emerald Cove (1993)
Timon and Pumbaa (1995)
Brand Spanking New! Doug (1996)
Flash Forward (1996)
Quack Pack (1996)
101 Dalmatians: The Series (1997)
Smart Guy (1997)
Pepper Ann (1997)
Famous Jett Jackson, The (1998)
Hercules (Disney) (1998)
So Weird (1999)
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (2000)
Even Stevens (2000)
In a Heartbeat (2000)
House of Mouse (2001)
Proud Family, The (2001)
Kim Possible (2002)
That's So Raven (2002)
Lilo & Stitch: The Series (2003)
Brandy & Mr. Whiskers (2004)
Phil of the Future (2004)
American Dragon: Jake Long (2005)
Life with Derek (2005)
Naturally, Sadie (2005)
Suite Life of Zack and Cody, The (2005)
Hannah Montana (2006)

so many good kids shows would love to own on dvd

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I agree: lots of great shows to be released on dvd. Unfortunately, Disney seems to be really slow in releasing their tv stuff to dvd and even then doesn't release the greatest of sets.

Would love to see the Return to Treasure Island mini-series and original Disney Channel shows, like The Famous Jett Jackson and So Weird.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Well, there's a ton of shows there, and Disney will probably get around to releasing most of them, but it most likely won't be for awhile yet. As Jason said, Disney is a bit slow when releasing season sets. Of the titles you mentioned, only a few have been bandied about by Disney as potential season sets. There was a bit of talk regarding the Fergie flavoured Kids Incorporated, but that's kind of died down. Two other shows have been mentioned in meetings, and they are Kim Possible and That's So Raven. No surprises there, considering both are immensely popular on the DC. Nothing more has eventuated though. I think that Disney will wait until the movie of TSR is released to release the first season, and maybe they're waiting until the series finale of KP until they release the 1st season? I don't know. But they'll release it in good time. They're a bit hesitant because they released Lizzie McGuire to DVD, thinking it would be a bestseller of sorts, and then it dudded. They're just a bit anxious as to what to release. It's getting better though, since we've gotten DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, and Chip n Dale's Rescue Rangers this year, along with Gargoyles in past years, and Quack Pack and Goof Troop earlier this year, albeit in random episode releases. It sucked, but it's a release. Also, Even Stevens has been thought about, and it is the most wanted season set among Disney fans. It's possible that that could be released in the future, but it's unlikely to be released before TSR. Ona nother note, I don't think that we'll ever see Herbie the Love Bug in a season set. It only lasted 5 episodes. It's likely that they'll feature as bonus features on a future The Love Bug, or Herbie related DVD.
Oh, and some of the shows there, aren't Disney, mainly the earlier ones. The Racoons, The New Leave It To Beaver, The Care Bears, and My little Pony Tales aren't Disney, but from what I remember, both Care Bears and My Little Pony are on DVD already.
Hopefully I've helped you out Nikki. :)
-James

John*P

Second Unit
I'd buy season DVD sets of Even Stevens, Phil of the Future, That's So Raven, Hannah Montana and Suite Life of Zack & Cody. It would also be nice if Disney released Lizzie McGuire: Box Set Volumes 2 & 3 to finish the series on DVD...

I had a feeling from the start that the Lizzie McGuire box set wouldn't do so well for two main reasons. One is the pricing; $49.99 is waaay too much IMO for a show targeted at a tween audience. (even I, as an older fan, was reluctant to pay that price... I ended up receiving the set as a gift) Disney can get away with charging that much for shows like Home Improvement and Golden Girls (for the first two seasons... subsequent seasons sold for $39.99, IIRC) but Disney Channel season DVD sets should sell for around $39.99 tops, IMO. The other problem I had with the Lizzie McGuire DVD set was the title; "Box Set Volume 1". I was worried that some of the less savvy fans (or confused parents) would assume that this set would just contain the already-released Lizzie DVD "Volumes" (with 4 or 5 random episodes each) as a box set rather than being sold individually. Sure enough, I have seen people online say that they didn't buy the set for that very reason... I think Disney went with the "Volume 1" title because the series consists of two long seasons, rather than the traditional three for a Disney Channel series. Also, with four individually released DVDs before the box set came out, I could imagine parents telling their kids who ask for the set that they "Have enough Lizzie McGuire DVDs" and not buy the set for them...

Anyway, I wish Disney would start releasing more Disney Channel Original Series on season DVD sets. This isn't 1997... charging $19.99 for a DVD with 4 or 5 episodes of a series is a rip-off, IMO. Hopefully, Disney will eventually give us some season DVD sets of shows like Even Stevens, (which seems to have a more diverse audience than Lizzie) That's So Raven and Phil of the Future.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Raccoons is on DVD in Canada and can be found at amazon's Canadian arm. Some sellers at the US amazon seem to be carrying it but I would order from the Canadian store over the US sellers as it would be cheaper.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The box sets are not season sets. They are nine random episodes spread over three DVDs. They are expensive for what you are getting. I would like to see proper season sets released plus all of the specials.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
any more news of any of these shows getting season releases on dvd?

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I'd like to see the Halloween specials out on dvd. Specifically the Johnathan Winters special where he plays the dual roles of Disney security guard and the Sleepy Hollow pumpkin, The Halloween Treat special with the pumpkin puppet on the dinner table, and Cartoon Classics vol. 13 - Donald's Scary Tales and vol. 14 - Halloween Haunts. These are great Disney treasures and deserve a release on dvd. Here's hoping!

LCD22

Screenwriter
Here's what I wrote in another Disney thread awhile back:

I also mentioned that BCI might be a good contender for this as well.

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
As a western fan,I would like to see the complete collection of:-
Swamp Fox starring Leslie Nielson,instead of the current sampler set they have at the moment.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I own around seventeen episodes of Hannah Montana on DVD--four sets of four episodes each, plus at least one other packaged as a special (e.g., On the Road Again, which is episode #12 as well as one of a three-part series of crossover episodes with series title That's So Suite Life Of Hannah Montana). I also own the first fifty-one episodes of the series on VHS thus far aired, figuring it would not be out for quite some time on DVD in complete sets.

For my own part, I believe that Disney isn't necessarily slow (at least with Hannah Montana and perhaps a few other current shows like Cory In the House, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, and Wizards of Waverly Place); rather, my guess is that it is a very strategically (and carefully) planned release of a few episodes at a time as they await data on sales. Just my two cents.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana
For some of the older Disney enthusiasts here, I read somewhere that Disney is going to release "Dr. Syn, the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh" sometime this fall. In fact, I think I read it here. :laugh:

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

you could be right and I am tempted with buying some of those special sets like the ones you mentioned

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nikki,

They're a lot of fun. I have several daughters, and they ask to watch the sets just about every week. The additional features (videos, backstage segments, etc.) are also enjoyable.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Any word on when the next batch of animated series get released? The last two years they released a volume of Darkwing Duck and Tick at this time, but they haven't even been announced yet. In fact, they haven't annouced any tv series at all in a long while.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
so happy Hannah Montana getting a season release.

Also never released that The Raccoons are available on DVD in collection sets in both R1 and R2

Josh_C

Auditioning

Seriously, I will be very upset if Disney doesn't finish off Ducktales. It's only one more set... What's the hold-up?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I hope they at least finish DuckTales, I can't believe they release three sets and then stopped so close to the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks