any news on "Cool World" ever coming to DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jason celaya, Jul 11, 2002.

1. jason celaya

jason celaya Stunt Coordinator

?

2. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

No Wizards, no Coonskin, no Hey Good Lookin', no Fire and Ice, no Mighty Mouse, no Spider-Man, no Mighty Heroes.... and you want Cool World???? Man, you're a sick puppy. :p)
    But hey, you've got my vote... any Bakshi on dvd is welcome, so long as it's OAR. Man, I've still got to get American Pop. [​IMG]

3. JeffMuller

JeffMuller Stunt Coordinator

I'll take it...

but not before "Wizards"!!!

Does anybody have a petition out for that?

4. Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo Second Unit

Nicholas Vargo
    I saw this movie when I was eight on HBO and thought it was the most different movie I had seen up til that time. It was also my first exposure to Brad Pitt, who was very good in this movie and later, when I found out that this was a Ralph Bakshi movie, I was shocked because the movie was PG-13 (I was allowed to watch PG-13 movies when I was very young). He is responsible for producing X-rated cartoons I have yet to see, but I'm only 16, so I'm still not old enough to see most of Bakshi's other films.

But yeah, I would buy this movie on DVD, It's just like "Monkeybone", only much better. Don't carge us too much, Paramount, and I will stick by my word.

5. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I was dissapointed in Cool World when I saw it, but I wonder if I was too young to appreciate it. I certainly wouldn't mind checking it out again.

6. ShaunD

ShaunD Extra

Nick, do you happen to goto VHS?

7. Ken Stuart

Ken Stuart Second Unit

8. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Ken, click on Ralph Bakshi, who directed Cool World, then go buy or rent Fritz the Cat and American Pop. I would also suggest - because I personally enjoy it - Lord of the Rings, but I don't want to get pummelled with rotting vegetables. [​IMG] I would also suggest Heavy Traffic, but I have no idea how the transfer is, nor am I sure if it's even framed correctly. IMDb lists it at 1.66:1, but I see the disc listed as 4:3 (full screen, but I have no clue if it's pan&scan, or open matte). Also, having never seen the movie, I can't comment on the movie itself either, but if you dig Fritz and Pop, I think it should fall in pretty good. [​IMG]