What's new

Any News on Carnivale? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I know HBO is taking it's sweet-ass time on Six Feet Under Season 2, so in the mean time I was wondering abouy Carnivale.

I've heard nothing about the show since it was picked up for a second season. Has anyone heard anything regarding the DVD release of season 1?

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I'm eagerly awaiting this too Carnivale was one of many new favourite shows of 2003. I have heard things on Carnivale message boards about it possibly coming this year either in may or close to start of season two. But it's just messageboard talk so who knows but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for an open tent this year.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
That it was given a nod for a second season is a pretty good indicator that it will be released on DVD. I bet it will be in 2004, probably in time for the premiere of season 2.

I only saw bits and pieces of a few episodes at my parents' house, but it really looks like a great, unique show that I will want to get into.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I don't have HBO, and I hope season 1 gets released to DVD at least a few weeks before season 2. I want to see this show.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i remember someone a long time ago saying something like hbo waits for one, or was it two, years after a series premieres before they'll put that season out on dvd. i'm still waiting on season one of The Wire.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

Well, it certainly does seem to be their pattern. They released Sopranos Season 1 right before Season 3 premiered, same with Six Feet Under. Only reason the Sopranos DVDs are "caught up" is because there've been such long delays between seasons and they've been releasing the DVDs once a year. Makes me think we won't see The Wire on DVD until they start promoting the third season. Danged if I know when Carnivale is likely to show up.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Season 1 of The Wire will be streeting in April according to the news item over at TVShowsOnDVD (this is my very first post here, so it won't let me paste in the URL, sorry) so I agree that we probably won't see any Carnivale Season 1 dvd's until some time after Season 2 has aired.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I go on the Carnivale Forum every once and a while and there was a message posted about the recent experience with the cast at The Mueseum of Television & Radio and the DVDs came up and there coming in December right before Season 2.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Good news if the forum rumor is true, Jim! This was on my list of 10 shows I predicted would come out in 2004 (from a few months back). I'm really looking forward to this one, despite it being an HBO hour-long show -- meaning it will probably only be 13 episodes yet still carry an MSRP of around $99.99 :frowning:

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I wonder if there'll be any kind of special packaging for this release.

My dream packaging would be:

1) Large, outher box with a matte black finish with a varnished title and sun/moon logo with no other text on the box.

2) Inside, the Carnivale DVDs in their own regular keepcase-sized package made up to look like an old, battered book.

3) A deck of tarot cards based on the title sequence. All 78 cards, and not just the Major Arcana.

4) A couple of other small trinkets, like Boffo's ring or the card that Samson dropped in Dora Mae's grave.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I look forward to this set. Although, it sucks we have to wait until next year to see season 2. I want some answers.

By the way the freakiest scene in the entire show was...
When Samson is about to leave the town where Dora Mae was killed and he sees her ghost in the window. Where she in now stuck in the town and at the beck and call of the male ghosts stuck their also. The look of horror on Samson's face was disconcerting

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Neat ideas, Joshua, but I never did like the gimmicky special packaging. The Six Feet Under box was cool but ended up irritating me. I wish they would officially release a "digipak only" edition like Universal did with Battlestar Galactica. I know a lot of people who don't like having the Cylon Head box in their collection and would gladly trade it for the unlimited packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks