1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any news on Baywatch and Baywatch Nights coming to Region 1 DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mike T, Jul 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mike T

Mike T Agent

Has anyone here heard if Baywatch and its spin-off series Baywatch Nights are going to be released on Region 1 DVD sets either this year (2016) or next year (2017)? (There is a Baywatch theatrical movie coming out next year (I think in May 2017), so I was wondering if any Baywatch TV series Region 1 DVDs would be released then to coincide with it, as some DVD companies do.) There are currently some Region 0 Australian releases of both series that will play on American DVD players (they are on Amazon and look official, not bootlegs), so I'm thinking about buying those, but I don't know whether to wait until next year to see if there are any Region 1 releases or buy those other ones now. So, two questions: 1) Any news on these two series being released on Region 1 DVDs?
    2) Do you think I should go ahead and buy the Region 0 releases now (while they're still at fairly low prices) or do you think I should wait until next year to see if there will be any Region 1 DVDs near the time of the theatrical movie's release? I welcome any opinions, so please let me know what all of you think. Thanks.

-Mike

Bryan^H likes this.
  2. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    I think (I hope) this will get more traction in the DVD / TV forum. But I left a link from the TV form for the next few days to help out.

3. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

image.

image. Buy the region 0. The video/audio quality is very good. The only problem I have is that there are no episode air dates on the case episode descriptions. And the discs don't inform you of which eps are on the disc.
    image.

JayHink likes this.
  4. JayHink

JayHink Stunt Coordinator

Jason
    I too have the Region 0 set from Australia. Very nice set, & a lot of music that was replaced in those earlier US releases is intact here.

5. jra66

jra66 Agent

Jason Ader
    I purchased all of the German releases prior to the Australian releases. Naturally I would like to have the titles in English and NTSC over PAL, but are there any other differences between the two sets? I know reports are that all music is intact, but does this include the Peter Cetera "Save Me" on season 1?

6. JayHink

JayHink Stunt Coordinator

Jason
    Season 1 of the Australian release has a replacement theme song, though songs within the episodes themselves that were replaced on the earlier US releases are intact.

7. Message #7 of 8 May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    mark27b

mark27b Stunt Coordinator

Mark Pledger
  8. dawnshadow

dawnshadow Stunt Coordinator

Dawn
    The blu-rays have been confirmed to have replaced music due to pure laziness. The original audio is included on SD episodes as special features, but they don’t want to go to the effort to restore that audio to the new HD transfer.