What's new

Any news on any TV Series yet? (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Just curious if any TV shows have been scheduled to release towards the beginning of this format. I haven't seen any threads pop up on it yet.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I haven't seen any official info, but I've heard *rumors* about season sets of "Smallville" and "Supernatural" .

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I'm just looking for some things to push me over the edge. One major point is the movie Serenity only being available on HD-DVD. Smallville would ge a good starting point :)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Oh believe me, I do own the standard DVD heh. Isn't Universal, as of now, only going to support HD-DVD?

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
FRIENDS?!!

There's a 1080i version of the 1994-1995 season? Man, every time I see the syndicated reruns, it blows me away how fuzzy it is compared to later seasons. I imagine it might just be a revelation in HD.

Hey HBO, how about another HD gimmie, Carnivale?

Still fence-sitting till the BD reviews come out,

CS

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Can't believe CSI and CSI: MIAMI weren't the first named shows for HD release. They both are astounding looking in high definition on CBS.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
It would be a big mistake if it were—the framing was for 4:3, not 16:9. Even if the latter years were shot in 16:9, the directors would have framed for the broadcast format.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping for/expecting Battlestar Galactica at some point.

I've been hearing aplenty how good it is, but I still have yet to see one episode- and I was hoping my first chance would be on HD- which is why I'm not buying the DVD sets (even though a certain e-tailer will be having a 20% off sale soon making these a very attractive alternative)

I would love to see the color eps of Adventures of Superman at some point.
assuming the prints are in good shape- the color on those should be eye popping.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Well, Firefly is owned by FOX. So it's not a possibility on HD DVD unless/until they start releasing on that format. Could see it on BD though.

Universal owns the the film Serenity, so that is on HD DVD. That also will not be a possibility on BD unless/until they start releasiing on that format.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I'm only buying 4x3 Full screen TV Releases right now, anything that has a chance of coming out in Hi Def Like Deadwood and Galactica I won't be buying the SD DVD's of. But if SD Deadwood is a $100 retail I shudder to Think what HD Deadwood will be.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Was Firefly even done in HD? My impressions was all post work was done on video in standard definition, so we wouldn't gain much over the DVD release. It would have better compression and you could put it all on two discs.

I thought Friends was shot on video in the early. At least, it sure looked like video to me on the DVDs. I wonder if this could get any substantial improvement either.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I always thunk friends was 35mm...

Heck first time I saw the show I thought it was gonna be cancelled quickly. Mainly because it had both Mathew L. Perry and Matt leBlanc as they have been on tons of shows that have tanked. Putting them together seriously bad! They are sort of like Jason Gedrick, Joe Pantoliano and their cancleld shows.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
isn't it rumored that Smallville Season 5 will be on HD DVD by the end of the year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks