What's new

Any News on Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 5? (1 Viewer)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
For those looking to pick up Season 5 of Alfred Hitchcock presents locally seems Best Buy isn't stocking it that I am aware of possibly Barnes & Noble, but I picked up my copy today at TARGET priced at $34.99 I know higher than amazon, but I am picky about my cardboard style cases so I didn't mind.

I know sales have probably slumped on the show since it takes a long while for each season to be released... but we only have 2 Seasons left correct?

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Yes and no. "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour" was really a continuation of the show (it's really no different than "Gunsmoke" going from a half hour to an hour in its seventh season.) So there are really five seasons to go.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't hold much hope for Universal ever releasing the Hour episodes since each set would require 8 discs. For folks with the Encore Suspense channel, The AH Hour is currently running on there (they're into the third season already but it appears that they're going to go back through the series again) so that might be a good place to get copies in case Universal doesn't release them.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'm picky about my cardboard cases too, but I've always done well with these coming from Amazon (knock wood) so I've got it coming from them. And I didn't want to sit on this one. Not only did I want it right away, I wanted to show immediate support for its release.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
For all those with region-free players, Hour is available in Germany featuring English audio and digitally remastered from Koch. I don't have this release myself by the way, so I can't comment on the quality.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'm perfectly happy recording the uncut hours from Encore. Too bad that they now have a bug on the screen throughout and also when they put their promo on the bottom of the screen during the credits, they stopped squeezing it back thru the DVE and now they just matte it over the bottom 3rd of the picture, sometimes blocking names on the credits. That being said, I'll take them this way and if I'm still alive when Universal gets around to an official release of the hours, I'll worry about it then.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Chas in CT said:
I'm picky about my cardboard cases too, but I've always done well with these coming from Amazon (knock wood) so I've got it coming from them.  And I didn't want to sit on this one.  Not only did I want it right away, I wanted to show immediate support for its release. I'm in Canada and Amazon.ca here notified me of a delay in shipping my set...now showing feb. 10 - mar. 26...although I know that can change quickly, assuming they're just not in yet...good to know that it's at least on some shelves at Target.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Fans of "Dr. Kildare" should get a kick seeing Raymond Massey and Richard Chamberlain as father and son in the episode "Road Hog".

TPWard

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Ward
I got my copy of Season 5 in the mail Friday-I am hunkering down for a marathon! Really hoping they will release the remaining half hour seasons without making us wait 2 years! Enjoying the hour shows on Encore but would definitely purchase the hour sets too(are you listening Universal?):P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks