What's new

Any news on about a SACD release of Ziggy Stardust (1 Viewer)

george king

Supporting Actor
Has anyone heard any news about a possible release of Ziggy since this is the 30th anniversary.

Thanks a bunch

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
There was some talk of just such a release apparently coinciding with the DVD release of the movie, which lead everyone to believe that it was the movie soundtrack (not the studio album) that was being prepped for SACD.

Haven't heard a thing in awhile... would love to know!

george king

Supporting Actor
What is steve hoffman's site. I am not familiar with it, but then again, I have only had the player about a month.

Thanks

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I read on Steve Hoffman's forum that the Ziggy Stardust SACD would be of the movie soundtrack, not the studio album.

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
"Has anyone heard any news about a possible release of Ziggy since this is the 30th anniversary."

There already is a 30th anniversary remastered CD. The sound is wonderful, so it's hard to think that SACD wcould improve upon it, but bring it on!

george king

Supporting Actor
Rick,

That is my dilemma. The redbook version sounds great, but if a SACD release will occur soon that may sound better, I do not necessarily want to double purchase the album (even if it is one of my favorites).

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
The redbook remaster is a good one? I'd been sorta holding out for an SACD, too, and I thought I'd heard a few discouragin' words about the CD....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks