Any news on a sequel to the Dawn of the Dead remake?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Travis W., Jun 21, 2004.

1. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

With the recent remake of Dawn of the Dead being such a hit is there any news about a sequel? Many have already speculated that it would use the title of Day of the Dead but I don't think it will. Since Rubinstein technically owned the rights to Dawn, pretty sure he doesn't own the rights to Day.

2. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

With the recent remake of Dawn of the Dead being such a hit is there any news about a sequel? Many have already speculated that it would use the title of Day of the Dead but I don't think it will. Since Rubinstein technically owned the rights to Dawn, pretty sure he doesn't own the rights to Day.

3. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    The only sequel I have heard about is one to the other Zombie flick, 28 Days Later.

4. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    The only sequel I have heard about is one to the other Zombie flick, 28 Days Later.

5. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

28 Days has no zombies in it.

6. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

28 Days has no zombies in it.

7. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

it depends on how conservative you are in your definition of "zombie."

8. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

it depends on how conservative you are in your definition of "zombie."

9. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

10. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

11. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

Not really a sequel to "Dawn of the Dead's" remake, as it's made by a completely different company. It's more of a unofficial sequel to Romero's original "Day of the Dead". It's a super low-budget quickie.

Universal is apparently mulling over remaking "Day of the Dead," from what I've heard. But no one knows what they're going to do. "Dawn" was such a departure from the movie it was remaking that "Day" could end up going any number of ways. My hope is that they adapt Romero's original draft of "Day."

Anyway, "Day of the Dead: Contagium" has nothing to do with Universal or Universal's remake of "Dawn of the Dead." It's not a sequel to it.

12. Robert Anthony

Robert Anthony Producer

Not really a sequel to "Dawn of the Dead's" remake, as it's made by a completely different company. It's more of a unofficial sequel to Romero's original "Day of the Dead". It's a super low-budget quickie.

Universal is apparently mulling over remaking "Day of the Dead," from what I've heard. But no one knows what they're going to do. "Dawn" was such a departure from the movie it was remaking that "Day" could end up going any number of ways. My hope is that they adapt Romero's original draft of "Day."

Anyway, "Day of the Dead: Contagium" has nothing to do with Universal or Universal's remake of "Dawn of the Dead." It's not a sequel to it.

13. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

I wouldn't even mind if they called it something unoriginal like "Dawn of the Dead 2". It seems zombies are finally getting their due what with Romero's fourth film recently getting the greenlight, "28 Weeks Later" (not a zombie film but most people say it is so we'll count it), "Resident Evil: Apocalypse", and now the possibility of a sequel to the "Dawn" remake. Of course, this could possibly too much and after these films disappear from theaters we won't get another zombie movie for years.

14. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

I wouldn't even mind if they called it something unoriginal like "Dawn of the Dead 2". It seems zombies are finally getting their due what with Romero's fourth film recently getting the greenlight, "28 Weeks Later" (not a zombie film but most people say it is so we'll count it), "Resident Evil: Apocalypse", and now the possibility of a sequel to the "Dawn" remake. Of course, this could possibly too much and after these films disappear from theaters we won't get another zombie movie for years.