What's new

Any news on a sequel to the Dawn of the Dead remake? (1 Viewer)

Travis W.

Second Unit
With the recent remake of Dawn of the Dead being such a hit is there any news about a sequel? Many have already speculated that it would use the title of Day of the Dead but I don't think it will. Since Rubinstein technically owned the rights to Dawn, pretty sure he doesn't own the rights to Day.

Travis W.

Second Unit
With the recent remake of Dawn of the Dead being such a hit is there any news about a sequel? Many have already speculated that it would use the title of Day of the Dead but I don't think it will. Since Rubinstein technically owned the rights to Dawn, pretty sure he doesn't own the rights to Day.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Not really a sequel to "Dawn of the Dead's" remake, as it's made by a completely different company. It's more of a unofficial sequel to Romero's original "Day of the Dead". It's a super low-budget quickie.

Universal is apparently mulling over remaking "Day of the Dead," from what I've heard. But no one knows what they're going to do. "Dawn" was such a departure from the movie it was remaking that "Day" could end up going any number of ways. My hope is that they adapt Romero's original draft of "Day."

Anyway, "Day of the Dead: Contagium" has nothing to do with Universal or Universal's remake of "Dawn of the Dead." It's not a sequel to it.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Not really a sequel to "Dawn of the Dead's" remake, as it's made by a completely different company. It's more of a unofficial sequel to Romero's original "Day of the Dead". It's a super low-budget quickie.

Universal is apparently mulling over remaking "Day of the Dead," from what I've heard. But no one knows what they're going to do. "Dawn" was such a departure from the movie it was remaking that "Day" could end up going any number of ways. My hope is that they adapt Romero's original draft of "Day."

Anyway, "Day of the Dead: Contagium" has nothing to do with Universal or Universal's remake of "Dawn of the Dead." It's not a sequel to it.

Travis W.

Second Unit
I wouldn't even mind if they called it something unoriginal like "Dawn of the Dead 2". It seems zombies are finally getting their due what with Romero's fourth film recently getting the greenlight, "28 Weeks Later" (not a zombie film but most people say it is so we'll count it), "Resident Evil: Apocalypse", and now the possibility of a sequel to the "Dawn" remake. Of course, this could possibly too much and after these films disappear from theaters we won't get another zombie movie for years.

Travis W.

Second Unit
I wouldn't even mind if they called it something unoriginal like "Dawn of the Dead 2". It seems zombies are finally getting their due what with Romero's fourth film recently getting the greenlight, "28 Weeks Later" (not a zombie film but most people say it is so we'll count it), "Resident Evil: Apocalypse", and now the possibility of a sequel to the "Dawn" remake. Of course, this could possibly too much and after these films disappear from theaters we won't get another zombie movie for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alain A.
Recent bookmarks