What's new

Any news on a dvd release of Nascar Imax?? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I have seen is from www.videoeta.com Which has it for November. Is their any other news on this? I also wonder if it will be in 3D, like Spy Kids 3 was?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The 3-D IMAX version is incredible; but I have no interest in seeing some inferior anaglyph (red/blue or red/cyan) conversion.

However, since Warner is apparently testing the waters by releasing IMAX's SPACE STATION on DVD with flat and an anaglyph 3-D conversion in the same package, it may also happen with NASCAR.

Just don't expect it to look a thing like the polarized IMAX 3-D version does in theatres. I wish they'd include a field sequential 3-D version also, as at least that would allow full color images and better depth. The anaglyph stuff is full of ghosting, blurred images and distorted colors.

See the NASCAR film as intended while you have the chance!

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Steve. Plus on DVD, all we will have is a video at DVD resolution, no where near the rez of IMax, so the picture would still be a let down. The sound on the other hand, oh baby! :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
VideoEta is still showing a November release. Does anyone know when Warner will be announcing their Nov.releases?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks