What's new

Any news on a Carol Burnett Show DVD? (1 Viewer)

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Speaking of Carol Burnett, has anyone heard anymore about the release of the Julie Andrews and Carol Burnett specials that were supposed to be released last year or something? I have the cd and I would really like the dvd of each special they did together.

I really wish they would do one more special since they are getting up there in age. I know Julie can't sing like she used to, but she still has a voice, just not the range she once had.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I think we have to take the statement "releasing the first five seasons" with a little bit of salt. True, this means we can expect episodes from these first five seaons, but I don't think we can necessarily take it to literally mean the entire run of the first five seasons will be coming out in the spring.

I think it's more likely to be another big collection of episodes (50 or so) coming from those first five seasons, rather than season sets. I know what was said in the article, but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment by taking it 100% literally. By saying "releasing the first five seasons", she might have really meant to say that this is the first time they've had access to release complete episodes from those first five seasons, and that they were planning another big set for the Spring.

I'm sure music licencing is still just as expensive as it was when putting the earlier collections together, so I'll be even more shocked if this really is season sets.

Whether it's seasons or another collection, I'm in! Unlike the two previous sets, if this next one consists exclusively of shows from those first five years, it would be a no-brainer for me to purchase, as there would be absolutely no overlap with those 31 volumes from Columbia House that I already have!

Edit: just now noticed that Chad has come to the same conclusion as me a couple posts above this one.

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I couldn't agree more -- there will be selected shows from the first five years -- it would be a true miracle if all of 1968-1972 were released.

I have to admit, I thought those early years were the best -- the look of these early shows is what I remember best and the production values of the shows of that era would look like they had million dollar budgets these days.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Either way, I'm in. Although I find the eps from those years not quite as enjoyable as the later ones, with the exception of some of the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks