What's new

Any news on a Carol Burnett Show DVD? (1 Viewer)

Bobbo

Grip
Real Name
Robert
I called this morning for my replacement DVD and had no problem (in fact, the operator even knew that it was disc #10). She also informed me I would notified via e-mail when it ships out...kudos to John for getting the word out at T-L:)

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Message to John (Timelife JB): Thank you so much for getting back to all of us! I have the utmost respect for what you are doing for your company and I certainly hope Time Life appreciates it!! You are a great asset to Time Life (and I hope they read this). I almost lost faith in answers from your company on the situations with "Carol Burnett Show Ultimate Box Set", but YOU have done a tremendous job in resolving/answering questions to the errors of that were made for this particular product. Nowadays, I don't think people take the time to say "Thank You" and appreciate what YOU do. I just wanted to take a moment and say "Thank You John.....you are doing a great job and .....if I can speak on behalf of the members on this forum.... we all appreciate what you have done!"
Also note: I called today for my replacement Disc #10 with no problems. It was followed up immediately with an email. So your efforts to straighten things out is working and progressing well....Thanks again!!! :)
P.S. Glad your daughter is watching and enjoying Tim Conway's talent!!!! (And now a new genration of Carol Burnett Show fans is born!!!)

timelife jb

Insider
Real Name
John
mrz7 said:
Message to John (Timelife JB): Thank you so much for getting back to all of us! I have the utmost respect for what you are doing for your company and I certainly hope Time Life appreciates it!! You are a great asset to Time Life (and I hope they read this). I almost lost faith in answers from your company on the situations with "Carol Burnett Show Ultimate Box Set", but YOU have done a tremendous job in resolving/answering questions to the errors of that were made for this particular product. Nowadays, I don't think people take the time to say "Thank You" and appreciate what YOU do. I just wanted to take a moment and say "Thank You John.....you are doing a great job and .....if I can speak on behalf of the members on this forum.... we all appreciate what you have done!"
Also note: I called today for my replacement Disc #10 with no problems. It was followed up immediately with an email. So your efforts to straighten things out is working and progressing well....Thanks again!!! :)
P.S. Glad your daughter is watching and enjoying Tim Conway's talent!!!! (And now a new genration of Carol Burnett Show fans is born!!!)
Thank you!

timelife jb

Insider
Real Name
John
I checked the customer care system this morning and confirm now that this is the news flash reps see when they login at the shift start.

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
timelife jb said:
I checked the customer care system this morning and confirm now that this is the news flash reps see when they login at the shift start.
nitpicking I know, but for the sake of giving the reps accurate info, isn't it not a skit, but the musical finale that is missing?

timelife jb

Insider
Real Name
John
NY2LA said:
nitpicking I know, but for the sake of giving the reps accurate info, isn't it not a skit, but the musical finale that is missing?
True.
They're sending replacements for Disc 10 without issue now. Operationally it's working, so i'd be a bit hesitant to mess with it in any way. :)

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
So does the replacement disc have everything corrected on it, including the full unedited version of the "No Frills Airline" skit? I remember reading someone said that the part where Carol sings "Off we go, into the wild blue yonder" was cut.

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
chadHobbick said:
So does the replacement disc have everything corrected on it, including the full unedited version of the "No Frills Airline" skit? I remember reading someone said that the part where Carol sings "Off we go, into the wild blue yonder" was cut.
No, they're still going to have to stop saying UnCut, UnEdited, Full, Complete, etc on this particular set. Another cut that we fans apparently missed was the nuns singing "I want to live 'till I die" in the airline sketch, has to stay out because they couldn't clear it, we have no definitive word back about "off we go."
So out of the 22 discs, it's only the first six they can say are uncut. I'd say they should just stop using those words altogether, as people will hear it (ostensibly referring only to the first six discs) and naturally assume it applies to all the episodes. Why wouldn't they? The casual consumer would have no reason not to think so, until they hear from an informed fan like us, then they too will feel hoodwinked. It's just not worth the ill will that eventually results from such a situation, as, hopefully, they have learned.
Has this kind of thing ever happened to you... in the supermarket, there is a whole section, 2-3 rows of Lay's Potato Chips, and a big sign that says "Buy One Get One Free!" You pick out a Ranch Flavor and a Barbecue. You get home and find your were charged for both. Hey! WTF?? You go back and the manager says "oh, the barbecue flavor was not on sale." WHAT? MGR goes over to the display with you and you see that the Barbecue chips, right next to all the others, are not directly UNDER the sign that says 2 for 1. The store can claim they weren't misleading anyone, but come on... Because they know most of us aren't THAT vigilant to scrutinize every item and price. We see the 2 for 1 sign, we see the whole line of flavors there... there isn't a sign that says "Except BBQ" and it's right there with all the others. Savvy merchants know they will make a certain amount more money by doing this. Savvy buyers will get pissed off over it and maybe not trust that merchant anymore.
Time Life can say "Featuring UnCut, UnEdited Complete episodes, Just As They First Aired" emphasizing the hell out of those words, and on an executive level claim they weren't ACTUALLY misleading anyone, but again, come on now...

Bill Seasearydr

Auditioning
Originally Posted by NY2LA /t/28224/any-news-on-a-carol-burnett-show-dvd/480#post_3990114
Time Life can say "Featuring UnCut, UnEdited Complete episodes, Just As They First Aired" emphasizing the hell out of those words, and on an executive level claim they weren't ACTUALLY misleading anyone, but again, come on now...

Yeah, it's ironical that we have this Time-Life "semantics" issue going on in an election year when we already have more

[SIZE= 16px]B. S. [/SIZE]than we can stand !

Bill Seasearydr

Auditioning
Originally Posted by NY2LA /t/28224/any-news-on-a-carol-burnett-show-dvd/480#post_3990114

Yeah, it's ironical that we have this Time-Life "semantics" issue going on in an election year when we already have more than we can stand !

Bill Seasearydr

Auditioning
Posted by NY2LA:

".....Time Life can say "Featuring UnCut, UnEdited Complete episodes, Just As They First Aired" emphasizing the hell out of those words, and on an executive level claim they weren't ACTUALLY misleading anyone, but again, come on now..."

-----------------------------

Yeah, it's ironical that we have this Time-Life semantics issue in an election year when we already have way more B. S. than we can stand !

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Well, the point is moot now anyway, as all the sets are confirmed to have edited episodes, including "Carol's Favorites" which was being heavily advertised as "uncut, unedited, as they originally aired" both in the Ultimate Collection and as a stand-alone retail set.

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
JohnMor said:
Well, the point is moot now anyway, as all the sets are confirmed to have edited episodes, including "Carol's Favorites" which was being heavily advertised as "uncut, unedited, as they originally aired" both in the Ultimate Collection and as a stand-alone retail set.
What's cut in THAT set?

timelife jb

Insider
Real Name
John
chadHobbick said:
Chad - I will take the disc home tonight and report back later this evening or tomorrow.
JB

timelife jb

Insider
Real Name
John
timelife jb said:
Chad - I will take the disc home tonight and report back later this evening or tomorrow.
JB
Actually I am looking around and nobody has an extra fixed copy in the office. I will follow up and find out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
timelife jb said:
/t/28224/any-news-on-a-carol-burnett-show-dvd/480#post_3990114
Another cut that we fans apparently missed was the nuns singing "I want to live 'till I die" in the airline sketch, has to stay out because they couldn't clear it, we have no definitive word back about "off we go."

That bit is from the Airport 1975 spoof Disaster '75 from episode #812 with Ken Berry and Carl Reiner, which is on the "Carol's Favorites" set. That makes edited episodes on ALL 3 sets. :(

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
JohnMor said:
That bit is from the Airport 1975 spoof Disaster '75 from episode #812 with Ken Berry and Carl Reiner, which is on the "Carol's Favorites" set.  That makes edited episodes on ALL 3 sets.  :(
the screaming menus and all the nastiness of hearing what was cut prompted me to stop watching it then the sudden price increase made me send it back, so I forgot if what was where.
SO... We are now talking about TWO different cut sketches, then, because Disaster 75 is NOT the same as the No Frills Airline sketch.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Originally Posted by NY2LA /t/28224/any-news-on-a-carol-burnett-show-dvd/480#post_3990612
We are now talking about TWO different cut sketches, then, because Disaster 75 is NOT the same as the No Frills Airline sketch.

Correct. There were never any nuns (singing or otherwise) in the "No Frills Airline" sketch. (Nor was there ever a possible crash in it.)

I haven't watched the "Disaster '75" sketch yet on the TL set (I have watched it on the Columbia House dvd recently), so I was just going by what you and John from TL had posted. And I'm sure he's accurate as to what is cut, so that seems to make it official.

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
JohnMor said:
Correct.  There were never any nuns (singing or otherwise) in the "No Frills Airline" sketch.  (Nor was there ever a possible crash in it.)
I haven't watched the "Disaster '75" sketch yet on the TL set (I have watched it on the Columbia House dvd recently), so I was just going by what you and John from TL had posted.  And I'm sure he's accurate as to what is cut, so that seems to make it official.  
Oh, brother... I don't even want to go look and see if they aren't still advertising full uncut, etc online and in commercials, product description, etc. I bet they are, and relying heavily on that F word: "Featuring." I wonder if this means they will have to reprint ALL the booklets, covers, etc...

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Hey JohnMor, is the Disaster 75 sketch on the previously released discs from CH or GR?
You think there is anything else cut on the Time Life discs that we haven't discovered?
I imagine now that the only change in disc 10 is the finale being restored, and maybe another musical number if there was one.
is the No Frills Airline sketch on disc 10 too? Was "off we go" the only cut in that sketch?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks