Any news of more Black Sheep Squadron?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by RandyAW, Feb 16, 2006.

1. RandyAW

RandyAW Extra

I am hoping that Universal is planning on releasing the rest of Black Sheep Squadron but has anyone heard anything at all?
    I think they did a great job on the first release and really want the rest. [​IMG]

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I 2nd that request. [​IMG]

3. Brady

Brady Extra

I 3rd this request! What an awesome show. By the way, why did they decide to go with volumes instead of seasons? Wasn't there only two? Maybe more people knew it as Black Sheep Squadron.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I 4th that request. But I have no news at this time. But then again, Uni often surprises Gord and I. We had no idea to expect Coach just this past week, after all. Then BOOM! So there ya' go. I sure hope they pull more of Pappy out of their back pocket soon...I've probably worn out the discs on my first box set release! [​IMG]

5. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Ok...I'll continue with this...I'll 5th that one [​IMG] I'm still early in S1 viewing but it's a blast. I don't remember too much about their original airings so this is making it almost like new watching these.

6. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    I sixth it. Or is that sixth sense it? Anyway id buy more. Gotta love the Corsairs. If sales were off with Universal TV shows i blame the DVD 18 and the problems, or the fear of problems as the culprit.

7. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

8. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

I ordered the entire series set from Amazon UK today since I don't know when or if maybe Shout! will get a deal to finish the S2 episodes from Universal.

My price incl shipping is $19.36 .

[edit] Whew :) Looks like this release is just one volume of the series and I hadn't clicked the "Buy" button when I noticed that the set is only a 3-disc set. The picture box looks like it says "Vol 1" so it's not the complete series.

I thought I remembed that this was available as the complete series set overseas but I guess my memory faded out on this one.

9. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick

10. kemcha

kemcha Second Unit

Jeff, this is the set you're talking about:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Sheep-Squadron-Robert-Conrad/dp/B000FTJ6SI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268014134&sr=1-5

You are correct. This is only the entire first season of the television series. I'm also hoping that the second season gets a release for North America, as well. Black Sheep Squadron remains one of my favourite television shows, as well. A lot of us wish Universal would speed up their release schedule and finish those shows that are so close to being completed.

Sliders, Seaquest DSV, Invisible Man, Hardy Boys to name a few. These shows are all one set or collection away from being completed and Universal continues to leave fans in the lurch.

11. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

12. smithb

smithb Screenwriter