Any news as to when Pioneer will release a dvd-a/sacd multi-disc changer?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jaxon's Dad, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Jaxon's Dad

Jaxon's Dad Supporting Actor

Doug
    Subject says it all. As my wife and I continue to host parties, the advantages of a multi-disc changer are more and more evident. But I'd really like a player that does both DVD-Audio and SACD. Pioneer had a winner with their recent single disc version (model number escapes me). And pretty inexpensive to boot! Anyone heard of anything coming soon? I'd also be interested in knowing of any current multi-disc player that is compatible with both DVD-A and SACD. My only thinking with the Pioneer was price.

Thanx in advance!

D

2. Luigi_D

Luigi_D Auditioning

You should look into the Sony 400 Disc Progressive DVD/SACD Player DVP-CX985V im looking to getting one my self.

3. Jaxon's Dad

Jaxon's Dad Supporting Actor

Doug
    Looks good, except it does not support DVD-Audio. Thanx for the heads up though.

4. George Caronan

George Caronan Stunt Coordinator

I was hoping that either Pioneer or Kenwood would release a changer that would accomodate both DVD-Audio and SACD. So far, it is not the case but here's hoping that they will in the not to distant future. I am fighting the urge to buy one of those one disc players that are universal. I have the Kenwood DV-5900M which only plays DVD-Audio. Stellar picture quality though...