What's new

Any news about Ren & Stimpy on DVD? (1 Viewer)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
This set seems way too complete to be called "best of". With a slight change in marketing, I'll bet they could have sold a lot more copies.

The free shipping coupon floating around made this required purchase even easier to jump on.

If "Haunted House" was included, I could finally ditch my old VHS tape.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Timelife.com has the Ren & Stimpy 3 DVD set for $29.99.Use code B7V25F FOR 15% off or F2S7HL for free shipping (which is probably the better deal).

Last edited by TommyD on September 13th, 2003 at 11:41 PM

So has anyone who ordered these gotten anything other than a "backordered" response? They were supposed to ship yesterday according to the website, but they're still listed as backordered when I go to check my order.

I mean.... what'll we do 'till then??

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

Thats one of the few early episodes Im missing. If it was included on the DVDs, I would have purchased it for that alone. I just checked a website that lists all the season 1-4 episodes. and I already have about 85% of them. I also have few of the non-John K. season 5 and 6 episodes.

Hes anyone else noticed the that alleged "uncut" episodes airing on Spike TV are not uncut? The episode "In The Army" was missing a couple scenes.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I found out that their fulfillment center was shut down Thu & Fri due to the hurricane. So that adds a couple of days to getting our backorders filled! :frowning:

Real Name
Anthony
Any R2 readers pissed off that Time Life won't ship outside the States - zip on over to www.movietyme.com ; they're selling it for £29.99 - a bit steep but good value in comparison to the videos which, at £6 each, only have 2-5 episodes on each.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Since Season 1 and the Sven Hoek are the only ones I want, Im ordering this.

Thanks for the info

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I just got off the phone with Time-Life, asking about the status of my backorder. A very cheerful agent went and checked with someone, and came back and told me this:

While they don't have information about the specific status of THIS title, as a rule of thumb it takes 4-6 weeks for a backordered item to arrive. Since I ordered it on 9/12, I should expect it (based on this rule of thumb) to get to me around the middle to end of October. If it shows up any earlier than that, I should consider it a bonus.

It seems to me that the reason for this amount of time is wrapped up in their need to schedule extra production runs at the factory. I couldn't swear to that, though, and Time-Life did not say that to me.

It will be a difficult wait for the missus, who wants this very badly. But she's content to know that it's being produced and will be on-the-way, much like a pre-ordered copy of Indy Jones, instead of hanging out there in limbo and remaining completely MIA.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

In the opening, Ren reading the letter chart...

"this... will... hurt... you."

And also getting their shots...

Ren: "Look what they did to my arm!"

Stimpy: "I got shots too!" ( shows band-aid on his tongue)

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I finally got around to ordering mine today and the order page said that it was IN STOCK so hopefully they will be shipping soon.

I used the FREE SHIPPING coupon from the Coupons & Bargains section here and then paid an extra 2.50 for express upgrade.

Shawn S

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
My order status has gone from "Backordered" to "Order Processing". Yay!

EDIT: Just got notice that it's been shipped :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
The fact that the above scenes are missing from the TNN broadcast is absolutely asinine...did they cut that for time? What the...?

By the way, can anyone tell me how good/bad the new R&S eps are?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks