What's new

Any news about MST3K Vol 5? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kuykendall

Stunt Coordinator
"This is where the fish lives" is one of my all-time favorite MST3K lines. I still don't know what the screenwriter meant to say. It makes my head hurt. So hysterical.

This set looks to be a much stronger selection than the last one. I can't wait--and I hope that "The Final Sacrifice" is coming soon.

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
Oh thank God. I can't get enough of these. I really hope Rhino eventuallly gets the rights to Hobgoblins and Jack Frost.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

I was actually wondering about that. It also seems to me that INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES.... and I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF aired less than a couple times. I recorded MST3K every chance I got, but I missed these episodes in their initial run, and I cant remember them ever being on again.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Yay! I love all of these episodes! Time Chasers is wonderful, and I really loved Merlin's Shop... The others are good too, though not ones I watched a lot.

If they just release Riding with Death, Diabolik, Puma Man, and Leech Woman next, I'll go ahead and pledge a small portion of my soul to Rhino.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Great to see 4 first-time arrivals on DVD and 2 that haven't officially been made available before! I need to start buying these volumes. I wish I could find a killer deal on them somewhere.

Ken Stuart

Second Unit

Are you referring to the KTMA season "Gamera vs. Guiron" or the one they did on the same film in Season Three on the Comedy Central channel?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
A couple of corrections. I got "That Touch Of Satan" mixed up with "The Final Sacrifice" (so much for my "Rowsdower!" quote). And, if you've been reading my preorder thread, Digital Eyes crapped out on me this time-- even now they don't have Vol. 5 in stock. I went through Amazon with STL and it came out well. And apparently Circuit City has them in stock for $35 IF you can find them in stock.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Yo, no one's talking about this set yet. I'll start the discussion
I have all the sets, and I like this one the best. My second favorite is #2.
I thought 3 out of the 4 movies were really great episodes this time, and it was exciting to see ones that I had never seen before. Boggy Creek II was weak, but Time Chasers is one of the funniest I've ever seen, and y'know, the movie was actually kind of watchable.
The extras were also the best this time. The intros are, at this point, essential, and the interview was very informative and interesting too. Never seen Kevin Murphy before.
I think it would be great if they included trivia information about the film or the episode like you can find at mst3kinfo.com. I always look the episodes up after I see them because you wonder just what the hell happened to this movie. Quite frankly, a bad movie makes a great story.
Rhino is really doing a great job with MST3k and should be commended. They've begun releasing interesting episodes that cover a range of the show, and they are stepping up on extras, putting more thought into each set.
I'd love to hear what everyone else thought of the set.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I wish there were some more extras -- I liked the un-MST'D movies on the flip side on the early single-film DVDs -- but the sets are good. And the PQ has improved exponentially-- not that most of these films ever going to look good, but it was clear that the first few single-disc releases had some serious compression problems (I'll amend that-- "That Touch of Satan" has really crummy source materials)

I haven't watched the movies yet, but couldn't put down the Kevin & Mike interviews, which are great.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
The only complaint I have so far is with Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders. The picture is too dark and when something dark is onscreen, Mike and the bots disappear into the black.

Bruce

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
Just got this on the weekend. I only saw a handful of the sci-fi episodes so at least two of these were new: TIME CHASERS was hilarious and Merlin's Shop wasn't bad either and I'd never even heard of either movie. I used to get leery when they'd do some newer direct-to-video junk on the old Comedy Central shows, and was leery of this set BECAUSE of these two, but I was pleasantly surprised. Boggy Creek II was one of the last episodes I was ever able to tape off the satellite, and I liked it much more than others in this thread. I always thought Touch of Satan was quite funny, so all in all, this turned out to be one of the better sets for me.

GIant Spider Invasion is a friggin' classic. Good to know that one might show up in a future set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks