What's new

Any new word on Lindsay Anderson's O LUCKY MAN!? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I recall this being mentioned in one of the chats as coming sometime this year, but haven't heard anything since. This is my favorite of the trilogy.

Anyone?

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
I was hoping that the Warner chat would include a mention of 'O Lucky Man', as I think they said a year ago that they were looking at it for possible release. I also head a report that Malcolm McDowell had done a commentary for DVD. Does anyone know what the current status of this project might be?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How can it be bad news when nobody asked about it? Warner didn't volunteer any title that wasn't already announced to the public or asked about during the chat.

Crawdaddy

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Let's hope that there is forward movement on this title, it is one I would have asked about had I been at the chat. Ideally there would be a collection for the trilogy, but that is doubtful I suppose, given the different studios involved.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Yes, I was forlorn when I realised there was no mention of this... seem to recall it being touted for this year, 2 years ago?

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad someone else brought this up. Stupid Me got sidetracked the other night and forgot about the chat. This was the one title I wanted to ask about. If Warner gets around to releasing this, and then if Paramount would finally release "if...." (McDowell said he recorded commentary years ago), then the Mick Travis trilogy will finally be complete on DVD.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I tried to ask about it-- but couldn't get in (I'd even posted in the roundup thread to see if someone would mention that, M. BUTTERFLY and THE BUTCHER BOY if they got a shot) and had to leave at 6:15 PST. I don't think I've ever been able to get in a word edgewise with one of these chats.

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
Could someone do me a HUGE favor and ask about this title in the upcoming chat with Warner Brothers? I missed the last chat and I will be in a meeting during this next one but I would love to know what the plans are for this film.
Thanks!

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
Has Warner made any further announcement about the release of this title? It was mentioned as coming out in the autumn on one of its Warner chats. Following IF... it would be nice to see this title make an appearance.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Warners has too quiet in regards to classic catalog titles. I'm eagerly waiting "O LuckyMan" Where's "Up the Down Staircase"?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm hoping we get the longest edit possible. I know it's probably too much to ask, but having an SE with the soundtrack CD included would be nice.

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
I'm also eagerly awaiting 'O Lucky Man', and I hope Warners will still release it this year as I think they indicated they would in one of their chats. I just got my copy of 'If....' today, and that has whetted my appetite even more for Anderson's follow-up.

I hope Warners will be able to release the version originally screened in the UK, which included the sequence where the Rachel Roberts character threatens to kill herself by jumping from her apartment. This sequence was mysteriously cut from subsequent prints.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks