What's new

Any New News with The Ring DVD? (1 Viewer)

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, I was just wondering if there has been any new news about The Ring dvd(I have done a search but the only topic is old so I thought I would ask). Last I heard there is just a small feature that has some deleted seen and such. Is there any news about a possible se in the future. Thanks for the info!

Troy

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
The director wants it to be light on features? What have you heard about this.... Thanks for the info!

Troy

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
The director wants it to be light on features? What have you heard about this....
From the DreamWorks press release:

"While working with director Gore Verbinski on the bonus programs for the DVD, we all came to the conclusion that it's fun for audiences to try to unravel the mystery. The last thing we wanted to do was create featurettes that ‘demystify' the story or explain away the plot," said Kelley Avery, Head of DreamWorks Home Entertainment Worldwide. "The short film is the perfect enhancement for both the video and DVD. It brings viewers deeper into the plot, but the onus is on them to determine the meaning and put the pieces together."

In my opinion it's fairly obvious considering DreamWork's previous track record of providing us with fully loaded special editions.

As long as this disc includes deleted scenes and the theatrical trailers, I am happy.

Troy*H

Stunt Coordinator
If the directors choice..why is it that region 2(I think could be wrong about the region) gets interviews along with other extras left out of the R1 release?

James Reader

Screenwriter
Correct: See this post

R2 gets over 1 and a half hours of interviews, including 20 mins from the director Gore Verbinski. I'm sure he's not just going to keep saying 'No comment' or 'What do you think?' throughout :)

I would expect a R1 Special Edition at some point in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks