What's new

Any new news on Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy or Happy Days? (1 Viewer)

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Is there any news on these shows coming on DVD?

I know they are supposed to be released sometime around summer.

Anything official yet?

Prices, extras?

I would like to see Penny Marshall and/ or Cindy Williams do an audio commentary for L & S. Also bloopers and those Re-union specials they have done would be nice to have included in the set.

Beau

Supporting Actor
Havent heard anything. Hopefully soon if they were going to be coming this summer. I was going to get at least the first season of M&M. I remember it being a favorite of mine when I was a kid. Anyone whose more familar with it know if I'd still like it today?

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
they need to release the first season of M&M with both pilots. the first one being from Happy Days. they could add this as a bonus. :D

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
I cannot wait for Happy Days Seasons 1 and 2 as those were my favorites. In fact, I'd by a season 2 set for the "Guess Who's Coming To Christmas" episode alone. It still chokes me up to think of Fonzie alone on Christmas Eve, eating ravioli out of a can! :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think that by now it's pretty clear we won't see these until the second half of the summer, at the earliest.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Well, this is a Paramount release afterall.

I would figure the price would be around $100 (Same as I Love Lucy Season 1 when it first came out).

Dave Farley

Second Unit
Hi, I've been lurking for a few months and just registered recently.

I noticed the possible cover art for Season 1 of Happy Days over at TV Shows on DVD. Has anyone heard if the episodes are going to be the ABC first-runs or the syndication cuts? Is there a possibility that we'll get the original music or will it be replacement music? I was a fan of this show until Ron Howard left and thought the first two seasons were the best but I seriously doubt I will buy it if we get the syndication cuts and replacement music.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I was wondering if anyone had noticed! :D

Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley

Frankly, I don't know yet the answers to your questions. I hope that they are intact, I don't get to speak to the people who know the answers to that question. Gord might, but not I.

I was just telling a friend today about how upset I'll be if the first season song for opening credits isn't "Rock Around The Clock"...

For anyone still not in-the-know, these hit on 8/17 for under $40 each (no official SRP), and are 3-DVD sets with the complete 1st Seasons.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
Personally I'm not too crazy about the cover art for HD and LAS. I think it would look better if the pictures were full pictures and not in a circle. Oh well maybe they'll change it. And I'm also hoping that these shows will be the first run versions. As much as I want these two shows, I will definately NOT buy them if anything is cut, including the music. So there!

Randy

Dave Farley

Second Unit

I registered on the site in the last few months and I saw the potential cover art today. Those email notices are a great idea! Hopefully, some specs will be released soon and we'll know the answers.

Users who are viewing this thread