What's new

Any new Midnite Movies? (1 Viewer)

AlanBrom

Second Unit
According to post(s) I've seen on the Yahoo Midnite Movies forum, they (MGM and Fox) had a healthy batch of Midnite Movies planned for October, but they have been postponed. It's too bad they won't make out for Halloween, but at least when they do come out, it will be something better than pirate movies!

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Alan... from what I have read by the director of the movie (aka Witchfinder General), he said Sony pulled the title after extensive restoration done by MGM with no explanation and has no interest in releasing it anytime soon. That they are currently only interested in movies less than 10 years old.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
The director Michael Reeves killed himself in 1969. I think you are referring to Philip Waddilove, one of the producers, and that was earlier this year when Sony still had a hand in things. Now since MGM is being distributed by Fox, Sony no longer has anything to do with the Midnite Movies so hopefully they'll get back on target to the great series it once was.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Are we ever gonna get a copy of "The Incredible Melting Man"? I was hoping to have a Gooey Halloween, can someone other than MGM Pick up the AIP Catalog? Please !

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I would love to have an "Incredible Melting Man pizza party"!;) I do hope someone releases the rest of the AIP library soon.

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
MGM was doing just fine with the Midnite Movies and AIP catalog until Sony came into the picture and basically killed the line. Now that MGM has basically cut off Sony because of their poor handling of MGM catalog titles, I foresee the line starting up again in full force under the MGM-Fox deal.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
Would love to see stuff on the Midnite Movies line like THE HOUSE THAT SCREAMED, BLOOD AND LACE, BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW, THE PEACE KILLERS and THE DEVIL'S ANGELS with John Cassevetes.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I need a "Pharaoh's Curse" to go with my "Voodoo Island" -- and "The Vampire" to go with "The Monster That Challenged the World" -- and "Curse of the Faceless Man" to go with "It! The Terror From Beyond Space." These were all originally double features in theaters.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
And don't forget about "The Black Sleep" which reportedly was being worked on until Sony pulled the plug on a good bunch of Midnite movies releeases last year.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson

Is this true? I thought Sony was still calling the shots as to what was getting released, despite Fox handling the distribution.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
THE QUATERMASS X-PERIMENT (1956)!
THE TIME TRAVELERS (1964)!
THE MANSTER (1959, legit release)!
GOG (1954)!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks