What's new

Any new info on Young Indiana Jones??... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading about a year ago that this show was going to be released on dvd. Has anyone heard anything about when?

Thanks!

Haden

Supporting Actor
Probably sometime in 2004. When they first officially announced the Indy trilogy, it was also said that the Young Indy series is in the works too.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Todd, you should have researched it before asking that question!

It was just shy of a year ago that Rick McCallum stated in a Video Business interview that it would be out in "3 or 4 years".

The reason for the lengthy production time has to do with new "historical tie-in" documentaries they are producing to accompany each and every episode, to make the series of interest for educational purposes as well as entertainment.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

That was the info I remember. But, as with every studio especially Lucasfilms things change and was hoping it would have been moved up.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Has there been any report on the presentation of the episodes themselves? Will the original ABC episode telecasts with the "old Indy" bookends be preserved, or will it be just solely the 2-hour re-edited versions that have appeared on cable TV and video? I'm hoping that it will be completely preserved in its original broadcast format and in the later re-edited versions.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Bill,
Your question is really what I was interested in. I know their were a few episodes that never aired. I am not sure if they ever were as re-edited movies.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Your question is really what I was interested in. I know their were a few episodes that never aired. I am not sure if they ever were as re-edited movies.
All of the episodes were re-edited. You can check it out on the official website.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
From what I remember, the only episode to be released on video with its bookends intact was "Mystery of the Blues" because of Harrison Ford's bookend cameo. Everything else was re-edited.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Personally I'd prefer it that way. The bookends with the feeble old guy playing 90-year old Indy in present day 1990s were cheesy and lame. I hate seeing Indy like that. I prefer to think he went out in a blaze of glory during his 60s in some last great adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks