What's new

Any New Hitachi or Sony CRT- RPTVs Planned for 2005 (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Looking to get a 57" set but the current Hitachi and Sony models are silver.

stupid as it may sound I can't stand a silver unit. besides seeing how we are in 2005 I figured the new models should be on the way soon or at least announced. I can't find anything on them though. Now I read that Sony might not be making a 2005 model and actually just stopping CRT RPTVs production altogether.

Well that leaves me with the hope that Hitachi will produce a new line.

So what are the odds? Think they might stop too? Anyone know of any new models coming? I am hoping for black cabinet...

Any news or suggestions for alternatives?

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
have you looked at Mitsubishi?

Their cabinets are pretty dark and their PQ is pretty good.

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
the new Hitachi's will be silver, and I'll bet a dollar this is the last model year of CRT RP for them

Zenith will have some all black crt rptv's

Rolando

Screenwriter
thanks for the replies guys,

Randall Z I would LOVE to get a Mits but unfortunately they only sell in the US.

Arthur S I thought the KDP-WS655 were 2004 models that were a step up from their WS520 line with HDTV tuners. I am also pretty sure they are not available in Canada, only in the US.

Tyson any idea when the new Hitachis are coming? Know where I can get info on them? and not sure I am willing to go Zenith...

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Rolando

You could be right about WS655, but it seems like they came out a long time after 520.

Oh, I would have thought that Sony was available to you since you mentioned Sony several times.

Rolando

Screenwriter
yuo, can get SOny's no problem but for some reason there is always one or two lines that don't make it here.

like for 34" direct view. we have the 34" 420 line as well as the XS955 but we did not get their 2004 XBR line, the 960.

don't know why but we got the 520 but not the 655 line of CRT RPTVs...

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing really new in the Hitachi line actually. The F710 series gets an A at the end and continues on, the S715 series gets subtle changes that's it.

Rolando

Screenwriter
are these basically F510s with more features? Or are there improvements in PQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks