Any new DLP's coming out with Mustang chip?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John Menoni, Jan 31, 2005.

1. John Menoni

John Menoni Stunt Coordinator

I am in the market for a DLP projector and I would really like to get one with the HD 2 mustang chip. I am seriously considering the BENQ 8700 but I am in the process of configuring my HT. Should I wait for some new models to come out? Price is definately one of my biggest considerations. Ease in installation is another thing on my mind. I am a novice when it comes to hooking up projectors and I am a total DIYer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Menoni

2. Felix_

Felix_ Auditioning

A PB 7700 HD2+ as well as a Sharp xv z2000 HD2+ are anounced.
    All along there seems to be a lot of confusion between the Processors, the De-Interlacers and the additional features like Darkchip2....

The 1024 x 576 and the 1280 x 720 seem to be the up-do-date ones before entering into 1920 x 1280...

3. John Menoni

John Menoni Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Felix. You seem to know more about the projectors than I do. I haven't read to much about the dark chip features. I just know that suppoesedly the mustang hd 2 chip produces black levels that are better than the previous dlp chips. I saw a demo of a sim 2 projector with the mustang chip and was blown away by the picture, so I decided to concentrate on a projector with the mustang chip. Unfortunately budget is a major concern for me. That is why I was leaning toward the Benq. I am hoping more models come out and the price goes down even further for projectors of that caliber. Thanks for taking the time.

John Menoni