What's new

Any new Christmas movies this year? (1 Viewer)

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
Its maybe little early, but are there coming any new christmas movies this year to DVD?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Muppet Christmas Carol is coming to DVD on Tuesday, as part of Disney's "VHS with Chapter Stops" Line. There's a Santa Clause Special Edition coming 10/29 too. I'm sure there's dozens more, but I can't think of any offhand.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
There's supposed to be a new DVD with both Miracle on 34th ST and It's A Wonderful life in the next week or so. I'm waiting to see a review before deciding if it's worthwhile to replace my current copies.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The "It's a Wonderful Life" 're-release' is actually just a re-packaging, I've read.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Marvin, Luke's right. Repackaging. Same week (10/15; two Tuesdays from now) there is a Christmas Carol/Miracle on 34th Street two-pack as well. Just grouping together what they already have, I'm afraid.
There is a re-release of the Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas DVD, which was very predictable. :)
There's the rerelease of the Mr. Magoo disc that got Ron excited a couple months ago, to no avail.
There's a new repackaging of last year's live-action Grinch film.
Sesame Street has a 3-disc box set of DVD's: one is an Elmo's World thing, one is a Sesame Street thing, and the 3rd is - you guessed it - a repackaging of the old "Elmo Saves Christmas" disc from years ago.
Beyond that, we're kind of in the realm of Kid-Vid-on-DVD:
  • Nick Jr. Holiday
  • Jay Jay the Jet Plane: Lessons for all Seasons
  • Magic School Bus: Holiday Special
  • Caillou's Holiday
  • Berenstein Bears: Christmas Tree/Meet Bigpaw
  • Veggie Tales: The Star of Christmas
  • Veggie Tales: The Toy that Saved Christmas
  • Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year
  • Disney's Sing-Along-Songs: Very Merry Christmas
This Fox release next Tuesday (10/15) seems about the most different thing coming up for this year! I've never heard of it before, though:
Link Removed
Anyone know much about that last one?
For that matter, anyone know what I've missed here? This CAN'T be everything for this holiday season...can it? :eek:
I swear, there's a bigger Halloween DVD list this year than Christmas DVD list...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know what will be included in a The Santa Clause SE?
Maybe it'll just be the trailer for the Santa Clause 2 ala the "Deluxe Edition of MIB earlier this year? :rolleyes

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Are they EVER gonna get around to The Albert Finney Scrooge...? Fox, I believe. What gives???? I have NEVER seen this in WS in it's entirety. I was 3 when it was released and was at Radio City Music Hall and went SCREAMING up the Aisle when Marley took Ebenezer for the "flight through the specters"...
My parents had to take me out of the theater!
My old Vhs is starting to show it's age!
Ron! HELP!!
:) D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Oh! Rechecking that list I can't believe I left off "Bob The Builder: Bob's White Christmas". One of my son's favorite shows! Can't believe the omission!
Mike, about Santa Clause SE, it will have "Exclusive The Santa Clause 2 Sneak Peek" (you nailed it), the "'Fly Santa's Sled' Game, and "Holiday Recipes". But at least it will be anamorphic. AND, perhaps it will be at a decent price...I never could bring myself to pay the $24.99 asking price everyone had for the last non-anamorphic edition.
Beware, though: a Fullscreen edition of the SE will be available as well, it seems. :rolleyes

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think Sony just put "Christmas Eve On Sesame Street" on DVD, too - which I may pick up despite my lack of kids.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street is a classic, though I couldn't find it listed on Amazon. We still watch the old VHS we used to tape it so many years ago. What's neat is that for some reason, the Text Captions function on my TV, which does nothing for 99.999% of television contains the news and sports scores from when it aired, if you have it enabled. Nostalgic stuff. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
re: "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street"
That's the "Sesame Street thing" I mentioned as being part of the 3-pack.
Here is the separate listing, and here is the box set. Oh, and here is the "Elmo's World thing", called "Happy Holidays".
Forgive me; I've never heard of the items I referred to as "things". Must have hit under my radar. :)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Other Christmas related DVD's that came out this year and not mentioned yet:

Auntie Mame
The Forgotten Toys
Madeline's Christmas/Madeline and The Toy Factory
Arthur's Perfect Christmas
Where the Toys Come From(Disney Home Video)
Ernest Saves Christmas
Babes In Toyland(Disney)
The Preacher's Wife

Regards,

Paul

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Scrooge is now a Paramount title.

I can't believe that, with all of their catalog reissues, Disney hasn't released "The Ref." At least I have it on LD...

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
I'll Be Home For Christmas {Oct. 8,02}

The Little Drummer Boy(2001) {Oct.8,02}

Jack Frost(1979) {7/30/02}

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member