Any new 16x9 direct view TVs in the pipeline?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianShort, Jan 4, 2002.

1. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I currently have a 27" Panasonic Superflat which is pretty good, but doing the 16x9 trick is a pain sometimes, so I'd like a 16x9 set. Are there any smaller 16x9 direct view sets coming out (like in the 32-36" range) for a decent price ($1500?? Yeah I know that is probably too low, heh)?

I've looked at the standard 32" Wega but I would really like something that is progressive, and 16x9... and the XBR450 seems sort of expensive to me, at $2000.

Do those 32" 4x3 HD Samsung sets have a 16x9 mode?

Brian

2. Marco B

Marco B Agent

Brian, check out the samsung tsk 3092wf it's progressive 16x9 screen but don't think it's an hdtv monitor, though. Do you want the tv to be also a hdtv monitor?

3. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I dont really expect to be able to receive HD signals for a long time, so it's not that important, though for something like an xbox, which I'd like to pick up eventually, it would be nice [​IMG]
    That Samsung set looks pretty good... now if I get this job I interviewed for yesterday, and my tax refund from last year is big enough... [​IMG] Maybe
    Brian

4. Al_G

Al_G Auditioning

hmmm where could you find the "samsung tsk 3092wf" at the cheapest price? I see it for 1500 dollars at some places, but that seems too expensive since for the same price i can get a 32" HDTV, and this is EDTV... any ideas?

5. Marco B

Marco B Agent

Did another search and found another samsung 16x9 which is a highdef monitor tsl3095whf , then found ct30wx50 by panasonic and 30pw9817 by philips, but not at the same price range.

6. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Check the coupons and bargains forum; Costco is selling those Samsung 16:9 30" sets for $799.

7. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Keep an eye on what's revealed at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this coming week.
    Manufacturers often announce coming products there. It seems to me that the time is ripe for more 16x9 direct-view TV offerings.