Any NAD users out there?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark_Sparks, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Mark_Sparks

Mark_Sparks Agent

More specifically the NAD T762? Seriously looking at this unit for my next receiver. I'm currently running a Yammy 795 with Monitor Audio Silver series speakers. The yammy was one of the first receivers to carry dts, etc. Happy with it, but I feel it's time to move on. I feel I'm not giving my speakers a good work out! Cany anyone give me some pros/cons on this NAD unit? I'm going to go listen to it tomorrow at a high end HT shop. Also feel free to advise me in another direction. I was also looking at the Dennon 3803.

Thanks

Mark

My HT

[​IMG]
    T762 Specs

2. Mark_Sparks

Mark_Sparks Agent

^

3. Shane Yates

Shane Yates Stunt Coordinator

The T762 power supply could walk all over the 3803, the new NAD units have power supplies that are rated with all channels driven simultaneously. I have the 752 and I love it. The 3803 and NAD are quite different animals though, you should really audition them to hear the differences.

4. Mark_Sparks

Mark_Sparks Agent

Thanks for the reply Shane. Would you say the 752 has a warm or bright sound?

I'm also now looking into the Outlaw 950/7100 combo as well.

thanks

mark

5. Shane Yates

Shane Yates Stunt Coordinator

I would say a warm sound. NAD really plays music very well, opposed to the 3803 which I would say leans toward the home theater department more and has a slightly brighter or "sharper" sound that may be more at home with movies. However, I am not putting down the 3803 in the music department.
    From what I've read on this forum the Outlaw combo is definately a contender, and if you have the funds I would put it at the top of the list. Going the separate route takes you the next level system wise and money wise.
    The 762 is a powerhouse, if you have issues with a fan inside your receiver you might want look elsewhere, but NAD probably has the robust amplification you are looking for. But NAD is not for everyone and you should really try to audition it.

6. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

wow, your hometheater must be BRIGHT...monitor audio speakers, yammy amp and WOOD PANEL WALLS!...man i would go deaf in that room....

7. Mark_Sparks

Mark_Sparks Agent

Well nothing I can do about that chief

Thanks for the enlightening post!!

I think it sounds good, but it can be a little harsh at times. I know a yamaha and MA are not the best fit. I got the receiver before the speakers and got the speakers for cost. I really enjoy this hobby and love films, so I make do, and just wanted some input on a new receiver.

thanks

8. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

Last time i listened to MA golds with Pass Labs X300 amp in a treated room, after about three minutes i had to leave the room...the soundstage is wonderful but wow those things are revealing :b

9. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

I have no experience with that unit, but I truly believe that NAD is a solid choice in any category at any price point. My old 314 integrated sounds better than any of the kilobuck 13-channel monstrosities that people pay so much for. Their "house sound" is on the warm side, I guess, but very clear. And they tend to handle with aplomb loads that shut down lesser contenders. If I were looking at receivers in that price range, I might buy that one unseen and unheard. Seems to have everything one could ask for in a receiver. Or a wife, for that matter.

10. gregD

gregD Second Unit

Try auditioning a Marantz receiver with those MA Silvers... terrific combination... silky-smooth, but also retains all that MA detail.

Rotel would be worth a listen, too (tho I've not heard that particular combo).

11. Albert Damico

Albert Damico Stunt Coordinator

I had a Yamaha RX-VS2095 that I wanted to upgrade. So I went with a NAD T-752. Put in my HT room and hated it. The fan drove me nuts. So, I moved it to my music room and set it up and without a doubt is is the finest sounding, musical, receiver I have ever listened to. It simply cranks to unheard of volumes and each note is crystal and the bass is stunning. I play blues guitar to CD's and while wearing ear protection, my music system can keep pace with my Peavey Blues amp that holds two 15" speakers. I ended up going with a Sherbourn 7/2100 amp (200 watts per channel in a monoblock construction) and Reference 50 as my pre/pro for my HT. If you are looking for music, go with NAD.

12. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Supporting Actor

albert,

if that NAD can keep up with your amp, thats pretty good, no way my rotel 1055 and B&W's could keep up with my marshalls...

RIch

13. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

I have no information to offer but I do have a question...

Say you went out and bought a brand new NAD Pre and Power
    Amp combo.. And say you have a good friend who is also a
    music lover like yourself. Say you wanted to invite him over
    to hear the new setup, would you say something like this?

"Hey (Insert name here) why don't you come over and check
    out my new pair of NAD's!"

I always wondered about how NAD users worded such things![​IMG]

[​IMG]