Any movies that you think should be re-made?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DouglasRobert, May 26, 2004.

1. DouglasRobert

DouglasRobert Second Unit

Sep 12, 2003
    Don't get me wrong, I really like the old versions, but some old movies seem dated and could use an update.

Science Fiction and Comedies are probably the easiest to be remade, drama's are more difficult.

Off the top of my head I can think of two.

Forbidden Planet
    When Worlds Collide

In regards to drama's, I could never imagine somebody trying to do a remake of films like, Casablanca, Bridge on the River Kwai or Lawrence of Arabia to name a few.

If done right remakes can be good.
  2. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

Jan 26, 2003

Just kidding! [​IMG]
  3. chris winters

chris winters Second Unit

Nov 12, 1999
    i like to imagine what could have been if lucas had made 1-3 as a producer only. what directors i would have chosen to best suit the given episode.

I think episode 1 could have been suited by speilberg. Lighter fair, some comedy and light action. introduction of characters and political intrigue. lots of heart. Almost raiders-ish in tone. probably not realistic though, so a second choice would be RICHARD DONNER.

episode 2 could have used james cameron. hes an action director, and loves large epic stories, and especially water [​IMG] of course thats unrealistic as he would never share the fun with lucas. so a more realistic choice would be GORE VERBINSKI.

and episode 3 -DAVID FINCHER. Hes not afraid of dark movies, and handles action well. Likes nihlistic themes, and anti-heros.

not to hijack the thread, but could have been awesonme.