Any More Wiseguy TV DVD Box Sets Coming?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by R. Kay, Jul 12, 2005.

1. R. Kay

R. Kay Second Unit

All quiet on this front since the last batch.

Any good news?

Oops ... please move this to the Tv Forum ...

2. Dax P

Dax P Stunt Coordinator

Probably not. Search and pull up the 'Volume 4' topic (which reminds me, I've still got to send in my receipt for those replacement discs...). Customers speaking with Studioworks reps were given the impression that they were done with the series.

They leave the following uncollected:
    * eight Season 2 episodes (the Dead Dog arc)
    * eight Season 3 episodes (one stray stand-alone with the return of a Steelgrave arc character, and seven that comprised of two overlapping storylines- and included the return of a popular character from the Profitt storyline...)
    * the nine (or eight, if you prefer that accounting - the first 2 originally aired as 1) fourth season episodes that Ken Wahl wasn't in.
    * the 1996 reunion movie (it's not known if they ever intended/would have been able to put this on disc- might have different rights owners... but hey, it's probably all hypothetical now anyway, right?).

Shame. I still want them. I know a lot of people do...

A four-disc, 16 episode 'Volume 5' ought to take care of all the remaining Vinnie shows... but I won't hold my breath.

A three-disc 'Volume 6' should put the Steven Bauer episodes out there, and include the tv movie as a bonus, an 'enticement' for those who might otherwise skip the Wahl-free episodes.

3. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    Nooooooo! [​IMG] I'm obsessive/compulsive! I have to finish collecting what I started. I definitely need the Dead Dog arc. Aw bloody Hell! I hope you are so wrong here.

4. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

They will ALL be released in the future. The reason I'm sure of this is because last year Image advertised SIX volumes on one of the Steelgrave discs. That's 4 down, and 2 more to go! [​IMG]

5. Dax P

Dax P Stunt Coordinator

It is true that six volumes is what they advertised/promised/planned.

It is also true that plans change. They'd scheduled the music arc as the last release so as to avoid paying music royalties on the episodes as long as possible... it's not too shocking to find out they've 'cancelled' the final two releases...

Between the music alterations, mixing the order of the episodes up (how nice for new viewers to not be given the introductory storyline of Vinnie's girlfriend from the music arc...), and the one-two whammy of Volume 4 having an episode with terrible video and two episodes with commentary and NOT audio-withOUT-commentary... Wiseguy-on-dvd has been badly botched by Studioworks.

Again, I still hope that... there's hope. I'm not optimistic, but...

6. midnight10

midnight10 Auditioning

Mill Creek Has released a new set, also this site has the 1996 TV reunion movie in case anyone doesn't have it: http://specialty.weebly.com/wiseguythemovie.html