Any more seasons of Happy Days,/Mork,/Laverve & Shirley coming?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Randy*S, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    I've been watching these three sets and really love them so I was just wondering if there's been any talk about Paramount following up with second seasons sets of these shows?
    I don't care if people did'nt like the jump the shark episode I still want more Richie and Fonz! [​IMG]
    AAAAYYYYY!

2. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

I don't know if these shows are done or not. They may be cut back to an annual release for further seasons.

It's been quite a while for Mork and Mindy though. Thought we'd see another season by now.

3. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    At this point I can say with a good bit of authority that these series are stalled indefinitely, which is just a smidgen away from saying they've been abandoned. A little birdie tells me not to look for anything this year or in 2010.

Gary "looks like we won't be hearing the Fonz's 'Hey' for quite some time" O.

4. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

Darn.

Regarding Happy Days, I was really looking forward to the Jenny Piccolo years, and the "serious Fonz" (season 10 I think) year.

Laverne, and Shirley, I'm curious to see the seasons where the girls head out to California.
    Of the two shows, these are the episodes(seasons) I watched growing up. It would be great to see them.

UGHHHH!!!! You know it's a bad day when CBS/Paramount abandons something[​IMG]

5. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

What are you talking about? Happy Days Season 4 was only just recently released.

6. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary

Mark. How long have I been posting here? You think I'm a troll or something? I don't throw stuff out there just to stir the pot. When I make statements like I did above it's for a very, very good reason. These type of things are always subject to change, but I'm telling you that as of right now these shows are not scheduled for more releases in the foreseeable future.

Gary "again, there's always a chance that CBS/P changes it's mind - but as of right now I stand by what I said above" O.

7. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Producer

The fifth season of Happy Days, the "jump the shark" season, is so chock full of music that it is probably unreleasable. There are five Suzi Quatro episodes and all of her shows are almost half music performances. Then there is the Valentine's Day episode, which is entirely music performance. There is no way they can do anything with this season, unless they pay a fortune to clear everything or they leave out a quarter of the episodes.

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Stunt Coordinator

Glad this finally came to light. I like Laverne and Shirley, but I like Happy Days better. The two shows in some ways were connected and I felt they fed off each other. I want so much to have all 11 seasons of Happy Days but it may be easier to find oil in my back yard. Watching all these kids grow up over the years and to finish with a wedding (except for the final...the real final...three shows...was a real pleasure for me. The 5th season brought Leather into the fold. Can't spell Tuskadaro. So as much as I hate to hear what Gary OS says, I believe his remarks hold water. Nonetheless, I am thankful for the 4 seasons I have and can only HOPE things change for the better and the Happy Days gang comes back to life. We didn't have an Arnolds when I was in High School. But we had an "Angie's". It was a football field away from my high school and it was our hangout...our Happy Days!

9. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I'm thrilled to have what we have so far even though I despise music changes UGH! However, I'd be shocked if any of these shows were able to finish their runs on DVD. I just can't imagine the sales holding out that long.

As a side not, I do not think that L&S was dependent on Happy Days at all, once the spinoff was launched and immediately became a big hit. It continued to have a few cross-overs with HD over the years but it certainly did not need its parent show to get by. It was a great show and a huge hit on its own merit.