Any more Rowan and Martin's Laugh In ?

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I remember watching this show in the 1960s and I was delighted when I learnt that it was going to be released on DVD. SO far only 2 sets seem to have been released. Does anyone know if any more are planned please?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I can't answer your question, but because I haven't purchased either of the first 2 volumes of Rowan & Martin's Laugh In yet, but maybe you can answer mine....Are they complete 60 minute episodes or just "Best Of" compilations?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I rented one of the sets from Netflix...the shows seemed to be complete. I seem to recall that each set had about 10 full-length episodes.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Really? You'd never know they're complete episodes from reading the disc packaging. Now I definitely want to buy them. Probably by early next year, since I've already gone over budget buying discs in 2006.
Thanks for the info!

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I want season sets. Now that Trio is off the air I don't think there's a way to see the original Laugh-In in the U.S.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
I think the episodes are complete. Is there anything on the list of incomplete dvds, in terms of music or syndication cuts? Anyway, the episodes in and of themselves are supposedly complete. They chose, I think, 6 of the "best" episodes for each release, kinda like that Ally McBeal release. I think the Laugh-In dvds need to be retired in favor of complete season sets. They are too expensive for so few episodes. I think they were only released in order to test the waters for more elaborate releases. Shoot; I'd have bought a complete season one in a heartbeat, should they have chosen to provide it. I'm still waiting.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Now that it's been mentioned, I don't want to buy just 8 to 10 episodes or however many these Laugh-In compilations have. But it's been tempting, and there are some commentaries by Ruth Buzzi, Gary Owens, and Arte Johnson!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druiz23