What's new

Any more news on "1776"? (1 Viewer)

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I know about the previous threads regarding the "1776" DVD and the rather ... uh ... inappropriate messages that got volleyed regarding the version of the move to be included.

Has there been any word since that thread regarding the actual release date of the DVD?

Greg_M

Screenwriter
There is supposed to be a theatrical release first, but so far nothings been mentioned. I would guess the best time to release the film would be late June early July, but none of the upcoming movies web sites list "1776". Amadeus is coming this week, but this was also kept pretty quiet until a few weeks ago. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
2015 TCM CLASSIC FILM FESTIVAL NEWS 1776 (1972)
World Premiere Restoration
Set during the American Revolution and based on the 1969 hit Broadway musical comedy, William Daniels plays John Adams to Ken Howard's Thomas Jefferson in director Peter H. Hunt's take on the crafting of the Declaration of Independence. In attendance: William Daniels, Ken Howard and Peter H. Hunt

No mention of running time or additional footage but hopefully it means a blu ray is coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks