Any more Gilligan season sets coming?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Randy*S, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    Has anyone heard any rumblings about season 2 and 3?
    Also, how did season one do in sales?
    Lastly, what season did they start airing episodes in color?
    Just curious. [​IMG]

2. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    Hi Randy,

I don't have any inside info, but here's what I do know.

Color started in season 2.

The season 1 DVD set did pretty well. I noticed it on Billboard's chart of top selling DVDs shortly after it came out. Sorry, I don't have specific numbers.

As for S2, I'm very optimistic. There was another thread on HTF which contained a link to an article which mentioned that Warners was negotiating with the cast regarding their participation on the S2 set (as you know, the cast was not involved in the S1 set). That seems to be a pretty sure indicator that things are moving ahead.

Since this series only ran 3 seasons, I'm also optimistic that if S2 is released, then S3 will follow.

Hope this helps. Maybe someone with some insider info can provide more specifics.

Steve

3. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    Thanks steve! I hope we do get all three seasons, seeing the cast on the tvland awards last march and having season one out now really gets me hyped for the last two seasons.
    I wish they would include a episode of Gilligan's Planet on one of the other sets. I doubt it, but who knows. [​IMG]

4. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    Wait, are all of the season one episodes in B&W? I knew the original pilot was B&W. In all these years, all of the ones I've seen were in color. Does that mean that there are 36 episodes that I've not seen?

5. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve

S1 was entirely B&W. However the first season has also been shown in a colorized version. The same thing was done for Bewitched & Jeannie (other shows that had a B&W first season).

What you mentioned did happen to Get Smart. The pilot (debut episode) is B&W and all remaining S1 shows were color.

Steve

6. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I can't wait for seasons 2 and 3! Hopefully the wait is not much longer. There were some real classic episodes during those seasons.

7. Dave Regan

Dave Regan Auditioning

Maybe Sherwood Schwartz & co. will then shift their focus to what the entire world is holding their collective breath for:

THE BRADY BUNCH ON DVD

8. Mark Lx

Mark Lx Second Unit

The last news item was that they were trying to contract to involve surviving cast in a Season 2 (and probably 3) set. Ted Turner, raper and pillager of movies, colorized season 1, which amazingly and thankfully showed up in B&W on the DVD.

9. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

I haven't heard any news about the last 2 remaining seasons coming to DVD but once they come to DVD, I will purchase them. I have liked Gilligan's Island since I saw the reruns during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

10. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    Regarding the B&W season 1 - I think I've seen some episodes from season 1 colorized (never in B/W), would those be the ones where it looks like the Skipper is wearing a dark blue shirt as opposed to the lighter, more traditional blue? (I always wondered how he managed to change shirts, and actually thought those episodes where from later in the series, but they might be the first)

The reason I ask is that of all the Gilligan episodes I've seen in syndication, all of them were in color, and normally I can tell when something has been colorized, but I never noticed on GI.