What's new

Any married folks use separate checking accounts? (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
My wife had a checking account when she was in college. After graduation she closed it and just either used cash or her parents checking account by depositing money into it.
Having a checking account was something with which she didn't want to maintain.
After we got married, I just put her on my existing checking and savings accounts.
Even though her name is on the account and has full administrative privs, I usually end up being the one to use it.
------------------
"What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
Stolen from a BBS in 1985

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
We have separate accounts since we've been married. In fact we both kept our own banking accounts.
We also agreed on which of the constant payments would be done by whom. Personally, I couldn't live with a bankaccount of which suddenly a big payment could be initiated by someone else. I plan my payments, I hate standing in the red (my wife has almost exactly the same amount in the negative at the half of each month; it suits her fine, but I would consider it ridiculous). So I want to manage my own account. As simple as that. And no looking over each other's shoulder.
We both pay our personal things from our own bankaccounts (dresses, books, DVDs, stuff).
We never ever had (or have) to quarrel about money :) :).
Cees
[Edited last by Cees Alons on October 13, 2001 at 03:56 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks