1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any Marantz AV 560 Owners out there?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GarryW, Aug 15, 2001.

1. GarryW

GarryW Stunt Coordinator

I plan on upgrading from my Denon 2700 reciever to a pre-pro soon and I have set my sights set on the new Outlaw 950. I use 5 MA-500 monoblocks and recently saw a Marantz AV560 on E-Bay that looks pretty interesting as it would work well with the MA-500's bus feature (Auto On/Off). [​IMG]
    I know that this model was the old version of the AV9000, which also looks great, but is a lot more money, even if I picked up a used one.
    What would you do? [​IMG]

2. Robert Ma

Robert Ma Second Unit

I don't know about the feature you need but I can tell you the AV 560 is a nice piece of gear. I also have seen them on ebay for a steal. I remember when it was selling for $1500 +
    I own the SR-19 and pre-amp it. I believe the SR-19 / 18's are the 560 with the built in amp. You won't be disappointed!
    ------------------
    Goto www.erols.com/rmahle to see my theater

3. Alex F.

Alex F. Second Unit

While the AV-9000 preamp-tuner and the SR-18 receiver's front-end section share a common heritage, the AV-560 is an entirely different, lower cost product and not in the same performance class. A competent product yes, but not in the same league as Marantz's costlier units.