Any Marantz AV 560 Owners out there?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GarryW, Aug 15, 2001.

1. GarryW

GarryW Stunt Coordinator

I plan on upgrading from my Denon 2700 reciever to a pre-pro soon and I have set my sights set on the new Outlaw 950. I use 5 MA-500 monoblocks and recently saw a Marantz AV560 on E-Bay that looks pretty interesting as it would work well with the MA-500's bus feature (Auto On/Off). [​IMG]
    I know that this model was the old version of the AV9000, which also looks great, but is a lot more money, even if I picked up a used one.
    What would you do? [​IMG]

2. Robert Ma

Robert Ma Second Unit

I don't know about the feature you need but I can tell you the AV 560 is a nice piece of gear. I also have seen them on ebay for a steal. I remember when it was selling for $1500 +
    I own the SR-19 and pre-amp it. I believe the SR-19 / 18's are the 560 with the built in amp. You won't be disappointed!
    ------------------
    Goto www.erols.com/rmahle to see my theater

3. Alex F.

Alex F. Second Unit

While the AV-9000 preamp-tuner and the SR-18 receiver's front-end section share a common heritage, the AV-560 is an entirely different, lower cost product and not in the same performance class. A competent product yes, but not in the same league as Marantz's costlier units.