Any Man from UNCLE info?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark To, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

One of the classic 60s shows. Has not really had much play in syndication. I know it ran in the middle of the night on TNT for a while. In England they put out 5 of the 8 movies but nothing here so far. Surely Warners must have at least considered it at some point.

2. Randi

Randi Stunt Coordinator

I would love Man from UNCLE season sets! I remember when TNT last showed it, it was heavily edited and sped up at that! Napoleon & Illya sounded like the Chipmunks.

Miss Randi

3. Henry V

Henry V Stunt Coordinator

This was one of the hottest shows of the 60's which produced 8 theatrical films that played world wide, why it's not available on DVD is a true mystery when MGM has chosen to release other shows like Green Acres instead.
    The R2 DVD boxed set is the only way to see The Man from U.N.C.L.E. at the moment in R1 if you have a region free player, here's hoping someone at the MGM television division has the good marketing sense to release this series to R1 DVD soon.

4. Bill Parisho

Bill Parisho Stunt Coordinator

HEAR! HEAR! I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO SEE "THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E." COME OUT IN SEASON SETS. HECK, I WOULDN'T EVEN MIND IF THEY BROKE UP THE SEASONS INTO TWO PARTS. AFTER ALL, THESE ARE HOUR EPISODES AND IT MIGHT HELP KEEP THE COST DOWN. JUST DON'T GOUGE THE PUBLIC LIKE THE FIRST SEASON "I LOVE LUCY" SHOWS OR THE ORIGINAL STAR TREK EPISODES. (WHERE NO WALLET HAS GONE BEFORE)
    BY THE BY, WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF ROBERT VAUGHN AND DAVID McCALLUM DID AUDIO COMMENTARY? WOW! I MUST HAVE BEEN HIT ON THE HEAD BY A THRUSH AGENT.
    BILL PARISHO

5. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

This one's Amazon's Deal of the Day at $85.49 . Link is here

6. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

One of these days I'm going to bite on one of these discounted prices on UNCLE but not today. Unfortunately, I've already spent my yearly budget on DVD's (just 6 months in) so I will have to wait for another sale next year. Along with the remaining new releases still to come this year. But I did just manage to get my LITB in by a slim margin. I could have a very expensive January 2011 when I get my new money and look back at all I missed in the second half of 2010.